Accidents happen without warning, and the injuries they cause can disrupt all aspects of your life. Going to work, doing household chores, enjoying hobbies, or even bathing independently can be difficult or impossible. When it is someone else’s fault, it shouldn’t be your burden.
It’s your right to seek compensation for the injuries and suffering you’ve endured, and the Enterprise personal injury attorneys of Pacific West Injury Law can help. We can handle the insurance companies and negotiate aggressively to recover compensatory damages for your losses.
While considering the help of a personal injury lawyer, you may have many questions. We can be your advocate and walk with you through the entire process. We help injury victims to overcome legal challenges so that they can get back to healing.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Attorney After an Accident in Nevada?
Personal injury attorneys protect your rights in a personal injury claim and work to ensure that you are treated fairly by the insurance companies and defendants involved. The point of a personal injury suit is to secure compensation for all your losses.
In many cases, the cause of the accident can appear to be clear, but other factors may be at play. There can be several defendants and insurance companies involved. Your lawyer will understand how to identify all sources of liability to ensure that all responsible parties are held to account.
Your attorney will have expertise in personal injury law and will understand the complexities of insurance claims. Having an advocate to navigate the process and speak on your behalf makes the entirety of the claims and legal process much easier on you.
Your Enterprise personal injury attorney can:
- Handle all correspondence and contact with the opposing counsel and the insurance company adjusters and attorneys on your behalf
- Gather and review evidence such as security or traffic camera footage or witness interviews
- Manage your legal calendar and ensure all deadlines are met to preserve your right to claim, such as the statute of limitations under NRS § 11.190
- Identify all liable parties in your accident claim
- Conduct a comprehensive accounting and evaluation of the true value of damages in your claim
- Create a legal strategy to build your case
- Offer guidance and legal advice specific to your situation
- Negotiate with insurance representatives and opposing counsel
- Prepare your case and represent you in court
The insurance adjusters will attempt to minimize the severity of your injuries and work to devalue or deny your claim. Seeking help from an attorney early in the process can save time and help to maximize your financial recovery.
What Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
Insurance companies will often appear soon after the accident with a settlement offer. It may be tempting to accept the check and walk away, but the amount of the first settlement will almost always be far under the true value of your claim.
There is no real way to know how much your claim is worth without first knowing the details surrounding your case. A personal injury lawyer in Enterprise will conduct a complete evaluation of your damages and compare it to the results of similar cases to provide you with a reasonable estimate.
Damages considered after an accident in a personal injury case can be:
- Medical expenses and costs related to the treatment of your injuries
- The costs associated with future care or rehabilitation from the injuries
- Pain and suffering, the amount of pain involved in the injury, and treatment of the injury are considered
- Lost wages and future lost income due to the accident, including the loss of benefits and retirement
- Emotional trauma, psychological damage, and loss of consortium can all be factors in a personal injury case
Your lawyer will account for medical expenses and lost wages, but the impact on your life is an important thing to consider as well. If your accident caused you to miss opportunities at work or has had an impact on your ability to enjoy your favorite activities, these factors can be taken into account.
An Enterprise Personal Injury Attorney Can Help With A Variety of Claims
Personal injury lawyers will have the ability to help with many types of claims. The practice of personal injury law requires a solid knowledge of the potential causes of many different accidents and an understanding of the medical issues involved.
Your lawyer will have professional resources such as medical experts, physicians, accident scene reconstructionists, and economists to pinpoint the causes of your accident and ensure that the potential medical complications and expenses are thoroughly addressed.
The most common cases in the Enterprise area will usually involve car accidents, trucking accidents, and premises liability, however, our firm is not limited to these incidents. We have helped clients with a vast array of personal injury claims including:
- Car accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites and exotic animal attacks
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective products
- Tourist accidents
- Construction accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Defective medical devices
- Uber, Lyft, and rideshare accidents
- Birth injuries
- Workplace accidents
- Tour bus accidents
- Premises liability
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Slip and falls
- Defective drugs
If you or a loved one were injured, you may be uncertain as to whether or not you have the grounds for legal action. A personal injury attorney can review the details of your claim and advise you of your legal options.
Contact an Enterprise Personal Injury Lawyer to Schedule a Case Evaluation at No Cost
The medical costs are only one part of your damages. You may have missed work and lost wages because of your injuries, and those wages should be replaced as well. The disruption to your life is the factor most insurance companies will fail to consider.
Your pain and suffering impacted your life, and the law allows you to seek financial compensation for that. A lawyer can help to make the insurance company pay attention. If you believe negligence was a factor in your injuries, contact Pacific West Injury Law today.
Our Enterprise personal injury lawyers can review your claim and provide you with your legal options. There is no financial risk to you and no obligation. We do not collect payment unless we win your claim or secure a settlement.