There is nothing more exhilarating than getting on your bike and hitting the Las Vegas strip or the endless motorcycle routes that the city is known for. Yet, although the thrill of the open road can have any rider coming back for more, it is essential to realize that if a motorcyclist is involved in an accident, the consequences can be devastating. Due to the lack of protection surrounding these bikes, you can be facing debilitating trauma that can be life-threatening if you are involved in a motorcycle collision.
Following a Las Vegas motorcycle accident, you should reach out to an experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. These attorneys are here and ready to fight for your rights and help you recover the money you need to start rebuilding your life after this tragic accident.
Who Is Responsible for a Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident?
Figuring out who you can hold responsible for a Las Vegas motorcycle accident is not as straightforward as many people assume. In truth, various parties can be held liable for a motorcycle crash, including:
- Other motorists, motorcyclists, cyclists, and pedestrians
- Manufacturers of motorcycles or motorcycle parts
- Agencies responsible for road maintenance or design
- Motorcycle rental companies
- Motorcycle mechanics
- Any other party that contributed to the collision
How Much Time Do You Have to Bring a Lawsuit Following a Las Vegas Motorcycle Collision?
The statute of limitations is a law that indicates the maximum amount of time you have to file a legal claim following an accident or an alleged offense. If you do not file your suit within this period, you can be stopped from pursuing legal action to obtain compensation for the harm you sustained.
In Las Vegas, individuals generally have two years from the date of their motorcycle accident to file a claim. However, there are often various exceptions to this rule that can impact this filing period.
If you suffered harm in a Las Vegas motorcycle crash, you should reach out to an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Las Vegas as soon as possible. A motorcycle accident attorney in Las Vegas can help you figure out the maximum amount of time you have to file your case and ensure your legal documents are prepared correctly and filed before this statute of limitations expires.
Proving Fault Following a Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident
Before you can collect compensation for the damages you endured, you need to show that the other party was at fault for the accident. As a result, you will need to prove that the other party intentionally, recklessly, or negligently caused your motorcycle collision.
Typically, when it comes to proving negligence, the following elements need to be established:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care, such as a duty to be careful on the road
- The at-fault party breached this duty by not following the rules of the road or driving recklessly
- The at-fault party’s breach resulted in the motorcycle accident and your injuries
- You suffered significant damages because of your injuries, including extensive medical bills and substantial lost wages
As you can see, establishing negligence after a motorcycle accident is challenging and usually requires a significant amount of evidence. For these reasons, it is recommended that you work with a skilled and knowledgeable Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorney after your crash.
These lawyers can take over this investigation process for you and work hard to find the evidence required to prove each of these elements.
How Much Is Your Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
Although an experienced personal injury accident lawyer can determine what types of damages you may pursue after your motorcycle accident, these lawyers cannot guarantee that you will receive money after your accident or tell you exactly how much money you can expect to collect. This is because there are just too many elements that can impact your claim and the amount of money you can receive, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- The medical treatments that are needed
- The likelihood that ongoing medical treatments will be needed
- The ability to perform your job following the accident and the amount of lost wages you endured
- The extent of the pain and suffering that resulted
- The defendant’s liability
- The credibility of the evidence presented
Fortunately, when you work with a skilled Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer, these attorneys can figure out which factors can influence your claim, prepare the strongest case in response to them, and fight for maximum financial recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Can an Experienced Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help You Following Your Crash?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle collision, you are already going through a lot. The last thing you want to do is prepare arguments and gather evidence to prove your case. Thankfully, with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Las Vegas, you will not have to take on this complicated legal battle alone.
Once retained, these lawyers can:
- Evaluate your claim, determine if you have a viable case, and go over the legal options you can pursue
- Thoroughly investigate your Las Vegas motorcycle accident and secure the evidence needed to show what happened and who was at fault
- Handle all the discussions with the defense and the insurance companies and pursue a just settlement offer
- Proceed to trial, and fight for maximum damages
Fight for Your Rights, and Contact Pacific West Injury Law Today
If a Las Vegas motorcycle accident disrupted your life, do not wait any longer to get the legal help you need. Instead, contact us for a free case evaluation and let our skilled Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorneys show you how we can fight for you and your rights.