Truck accidents are incredibly dangerous, often leading to catastrophic injuries, debilitating pain, and a slew of financial and medical issues that affect not only the victim but their family as well.
Worse yet, because of the legal complexities involved in these accidents. If you want to pursue compensation for the harm you endured, there will be very few people who will prioritize your rights. For these reasons, if you have been injured in a trucking accident, you need a Las Vegas truck accident lawyer fighting for you and your rights.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
Sadly, truck accidents can result from a variety of crashes, including:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Blindspot collisions
- Jackknife accidents
- Tire blowouts
- Underride accidents
- Roll-over crashes
Even though trucking accidents are often due to driver error, there are a variety of other reasons that can cause one of these horrific collisions:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Fatigue driving
- Improper cargo loading
- Poor truck maintenance
- Poor driver training
Steps You Should Take After a Truck Accident
The scene following a truck collision can be quite chaotic and stressful. However, the actions you take following this crash are not only vital for your health and safety but your legal rights as well. That is why you need to consider the following steps:
- Call 9-1-1: After a truck crash, call 9-1-1. When the police arrive, they can start investigating the accident and creating a police report. This report will become a vital piece of evidence if you decide to bring an injury claim.
- Driver Information: Make sure you get the truck driver’s name, contact information, driver’s license number, insurance information, and details about the company they are working for.
- Collect Evidence: Try to take as many photos and videos of the accident scene as you can. Everything from your injuries to marks on the road can help show what happened.
- Witness Details: If anyone saw what happened, speak to them to get their name and contact information for your lawyer to interview later on. Their statements can help prove what happened and who was at fault.
Statutes of Limitations
In Nevada, you only have two years to bring a personal injury claim from the accident date. If you do not bring your claim within this period, you can be barred from collecting compensation for your injuries. That is why you must promptly speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer who can determine precisely how much time you have to file.
Truck Accident Victim Rights
If you have been a victim of a trucking accident, it is crucial to understand that you have certain rights, including a right to seek damages for the emotional, financial, and physical losses you suffered because of another driver’s negligence or careless actions.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Las Vegas, call 702-602-HURT
Do I Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
As a truck crash victim, you already have enough on your plate. You should not have to deal with the legal nuances involved in these claims. Fortunately, with a skilled truck accident attorney on your side, you do not have to.
Helping You Through the Legal Process
Before you can collect compensation for your truck accident injuries, you need to prove several elements of the case. Including what happened, who was at fault, and the extent of your damages. When you work with Pacific West Injury Law, we can take care of this legal process for you:
- Determining the best legal options, you can pursue
- Ensuring that legal motions are filed accurately and on time
- Holding all the at-fault parties accountable
- Handling the complicated negotiations
- Taking your case to trial
We Evaluate Your Truck Accident Claim
Since there are so many factors that can influence your claim, no lawyer can tell you exactly how much money you can obtain following a trucking accident. Typically, these factors include:
- The extent of your injuries- whether you suffered a permanent disability
- The medical treatments you need now and in the future
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- The ability to work
However, when you work with Pacific West Injury Law, we can review these factors and prepare the most robust case in response. Making sure we go after maximum damages on your behalf.
Investigating Your Accident and Compiling Evidence
At Pacific West Injury Law, we understand how critical it is to promptly investigate your accident and gather the evidence needed to show who was at fault for your injuries and the extent of the harm you endured. We do this by:
- Interviewing relevant witnesses
- Obtaining vital reports and videos that can show what happened
- Bringing in the experts that can help substantiate your claims
Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 702-602-HURT
Getting You the Money You Deserve
Truck accident victims often endure significant expenses. Not only do the medical bills continue to mount, but the financial toll from not working can be quite substantial as well.
Truck Accident Compensation
If you have been involved in a Las Vegas truck accident, you may be entitled to specific compensation, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Personal property losses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Negotiating Your Settlement
Negotiating a trucking accident settlement is incredibly complicated, as the insurance company will try to do anything they can to get you to admit fault for the accident. This way, they can either deny your claim or offer you a lower settlement.
The insurance company is a business that wants to make money, and when they pay you less, they end up making a profit. For these reasons, all negotiations and discussions with the insurance company need to be left to Pacific West Injury Law. We can ensure we fight for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Why Choose Pacific West Injury?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Las Vegas truck accident, do not wait to get legal help. At Pacific West Injury Law, we are here to provide you the assistance you need, including:
- Going over your case in detail
- Answering any concerns you have
- Figuring out your legal options
- Fighting for the compensation and justice, you deserve
Get your urgent questions answered- contact Pacific West Injury Law today or call our firm at (702) 602-4878 for a free consultation.