Although most car accident victims believe they can trust the insurance company after an accident to help them get the money they need, this is not how these companies work. Insurance companies are a business, and like other businesses, they want to make a profit. By offering you less after an accident, the more these companies make.
That is why it is so important to have an experienced accident attorney on your side, fighting for your rights, taking on these insurance companies, and going after the compensation you are entitled to. Yet, if you are still on the fence about hiring an attorney to take on these insurers, keep reading. In the below post, we will go over some of the frequently asked questions clients often have regarding insurance companies and how hiring a lawyer to deal with these insurers can help your case.
Providing the Insurance Company with a Statement After the Accident
Following an auto accident, the insurance company will try to contact you as soon as possible to get a statement from you. Although this may not seem like a big deal, these companies know how vulnerable you are at this point and will try to use this vulnerability to their advantage by getting you on the phone and trying to get you to admit to something that can impact your claim.
For these reasons, before you take these calls, you should reach out to an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. These lawyers can not only help prepare you on how best to handle these insurance companies and their deceitful ways, but they can also take on these conversations for you, ensuring you do not say anything that can hurt your case and affect the amount of money that you can receive.
Should You Accept a Settlement Offer from the Insurance Company?
Many people assume that when the insurance company offers them money after an accident, this is great news, and they should accept the offer no questions asked. However, taking this money may not be in their best interest. Insurance companies will frequently offer a settlement amount following an auto accident in hopes that the individuals will not verify whether this amount covers all of their expenses or reach out to a lawyer to ensure that this amount is fair to them.
Yet, what generally ends up happening, is these individuals accept this offer only to discover that this amount barely covers any of their bills. However, because they already accepted the offer, they cannot return to the insurance company and ask for more money, even if the additional expenses are related to the original accident.
That is why, before you accept any offer from the insurance company, you should consult with an experienced legal team that can help ensure this offer is fair to you and covers not only all of your current medical bills and expenses related to the accident but your future ongoing care as well. If it doesn’t, these lawyers can go back to the negotiation table and fight for an amount that does.
Proving to the Insurance Company that Another Driver Was at Fault for the Accident
Although the insurance company is supposed to investigate a car accident, they will not always gather the right evidence to help your claim. Fortunately, when you work with an experienced car accident lawyer, these legal professionals can secure the evidence needed to show that another driver was at fault for your accident and that they are liable for your losses and injuries.
This evidence often includes:
- Pictures and videos of the accident, including the vehicles involved, the area where the accident happened, your visible injuries, and any other evidence that can help show what happened
- Reports related to the accident, such as police and medical reports
- Witness statements that can provide additional information regarding the accident and help substantiate your claim
How an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Fight for Compensation
Following a car accident, you have already been through enough. The last thing you want to worry about is preparing legal claims or taking on the insurance company that is trying to do everything in its power to get you to settle for less than you need or deny your claim altogether. Thankfully, with an experienced car accident lawyer on your team, you will not have to tackle this legal battle alone.
Once you retain these lawyers, they can:
- Go over the details of your accident, figure out if you have a viable claim, and help you decide the legal options you should pursue.
- Investigate the accident and gather the necessary evidence to show what happened and who was at fault for your harm and losses.
- Ensure that legal motions are filed on time so that you can pursue financial recovery.
- Hold all the liable parties responsible for your accident accountable.
- Bring in the experts to prove the validity of your claim, including accident reconstructionists, financial specialists, doctors, and engineers.
- Handle all the discussions with the insurance company and fight for a fair settlement offer.
- Head to trial if the insurance company is unwilling to negotiate fairly and pursue maximum damages.
Contact Pacific West Injury Law Today and Let Us Take on the Insurance Company for You
If the insurance company is trying to contact you or refusing to give you the money you deserve, do not wait any longer to get the legal help you need. Instead, contact Pacific West Injury Law today for a free case consultation and let our legal team show you how we can fight for your rights and the justice you are entitled to.