A used or brand new motorcycle in your hands can make your life more exciting. But with all the excitement comes great responsibility. You must purchase motorcycle insurance to ride your bike legally.
The insurance coverage will protect your ride in case of a motorcycle accident and compensate for any harm or property damage you inflict on other parties while on the saddle. But this doesn’t mean that any insurance company will offer the same experience, coverage, and pricing as the other. Fortunately, the experienced team at Pacific West Injury Law can help you get the best insurance deals.
Overview of the Best Insurance Companies for Motorcycle Drivers
It’s hard to find the right insurance company to work with. Many insurers are in the market, promising low premiums, attractive terms, and the best experience. But only a few can guarantee protection and service delivery to bikers in Las Vegas and beyond.
Here are the leading insurance companies for motorcycle drivers:
Progressive – The Best Insurer for Accident Forgiveness
Most riders prefer Progressive insurance because it offers generous policies. Its main attractions include the vast choice of replacement parts, complimentary accessories coverage, accident forgiveness, and deductibles that diminish as you continue to stay claim-free. Progressive’s standard motorbike insurance policy includes custom parts protection coverage of $3,000.
You’ll spend $504 annually, approximately $217 lower than the average coverage price. You’ll also enjoy numerous discounts for making automatic payments, driving safely, and simply having a motorbike license. The company also offers the following endorsements that you can add to your coverage:
- Total loss protection for new bikes that are less than a year old or two years old after renewal
- Roadside assistance that includes a $500 coverage for food and other expenses
- Enhanced injury protection paying $250 weekly
- Major motorcycle accident claims beyond four years and less than $500 in forgiveness claims
- Add-ons for original motorcycle accessories and parts
- The diminishing deductible includes collision and comprehensive
- It covers the cost of a complete replacement and carry-on items.
- The company has a relatively lower industry satisfaction rating.
Harley-Davidson – The Best Insurer for New Riders
Harley Davidson is the only company on this list specializing in motorbike insurance and related products like bike loans, planned maintenance insurance, and parts. Therefore, it’s ideal for new bikers, especially if you’re riding a Harley. You can make additional savings by pairing the features with the safety course discount.
The company also covers a broader range of motorcycle types and offers the best discounts. Apart from the standard coverage options, you’ll also enjoy a decent assortment of add-ons. Examples include the cost of a complete replacement for totaled motorcycles and equipment replacement for lesser accidents.
- Financing and other extended service plans
- The most comprehensive list of covered motorbikes
- Optional equipment replacement coverage
- Discounts for law enforcement, experienced riders, and military members
- Costlier than other insurers
Nationwide – Best Insurer for Customer Service
The insurance company boasts one of the best National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) complaint indexes. This means it receives way fewer complaints than most companies of its size, and customers are likely satisfied with its service. The company also boasts an A+ AM Best rating for financial stability.
You can include a $3,000 custom part protection coverage or purchase OEM (original equipment manufacturer) coverage if your motorcycle hasn’t exceeded ten years.
The average annual insurance coverage cost is $666, about 7 percent cheaper than the state’s average. If you qualify for the company’s motorbike discounts, you’ll also enjoy reduced premiums.
- Their rates are below the state’s average
- Fewer complaints, which means customers are satisfied
- Fewer endorsement opportunities
Foremost – Best Insurer for Track Riders
Foremost offers the same coverage as its parent company, Farmers. But you now get this through a better website. The company’s three coverage packages, Elite, Plus, and Saver, can be customized to your needs.
The plans include coverage for safety apparel and helmets and first-accident forgiveness. Elite and Plus packages include replacement cost coverage, track-day coverage, and roadside assistance with trip interruption and towing. Furthermore, the former consists of a deductible waiver or diminishing deductible and permissive use rental benefits.
- First-accident forgiveness and coverage for safety apparel and helmet
- Numerous discounts, including locked storage, lay-up, and preferred operator
- Replacement cost and track-day coverage with Elite and Plus packages
- Less customer service hours
- You can’t purchase policies online
Safeco – Best for Homemade and Kit Bikes
The Liberty Mutual insurance company offers every standard insurance policy for a broader range of motorbike varieties, including coverage for some kit and homemade bikes. You’ll also get roadside assistance in every plan and guaranteed repairs for manufacturer parts with the collision and comprehensive coverage.
Moreover, Safeco also offers limited discounts and additional coverage options that you can use to customize your policy. The agency is primarily agent-based, so you’ll get more details into their offerings by calling in.
- Coverage for some kit and homemade bikes
- Collision and comprehensive insurance policies include manufacturer parts
- Offers a provision for Harley Davidson replacement
- Experienced riders enjoy discounts
- Limited to just four discounts
- You must work with an agent to obtain quotes
- No coverage for race bikes
USAA – Best Insurer for Military Families
Nevada is among the top ten states with the highest military members per capita. Motorcycle riders in this category can enjoy great deals with USAA. The insurer’s customer service is topflight, but it’s only available to specific policyholders.
USAA insurance coverages are available through Progressive, but members will get a five-percent discount. The latter already offers the most competitive rates and the broadest range of coverage options. So there’s a lot to benefit from.
Only veterans, military members, and some of their family members are eligible for USAA. You’ll likely have to reach out to the insurer over the phone or online because it doesn’t have many agents.
- Discounts on the lowest rates available
- Robust coverage options
- Only available to veterans, military service members, and selected family members
Discuss Your Insurance Needs with an Experienced Attorney
It’s not easy to navigate the murky waters by learning the basics of insurance, understanding your needs, and selecting the right insurer. But experienced motorcycle insurance attorneys from Pacific West Injury Law are ready to guide you. So, contact us today!