Even though motorcycles are smaller than most other vehicles on the road, they can still cause serious accidents. Unfortunately, some riders put others at risk with their careless or reckless behavior. If you were injured in a crash with a motorcycle, a negligent rider accident lawyer in Henderson can help.
According to Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) §11.190, you only have two years to file a personal injury claim. Don’t miss your chance to pursue a possible settlement. Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation.
Who Can File a Negligent Motorcycle Rider Claim?
You may have a legal case if your accident was caused by a negligent rider and you sustained injuries in that crash. Anyone who was injured may be able to pursue compensation, including a:
- Driver or passenger in a car or truck
- Motorcycle rider or passenger
You can learn more about your legal rights by speaking with an attorney.
For a free legal consultation with a negligent rider accidents lawyer serving Henderson, call 702-602-HURT
Why do You Need a Lawyer for a Negligent Rider Accident?
Individuals who hire a personal injury attorney have several advantages over those that don’t seek legal counsel.
- We pursue maximum compensation for you. Our firm carefully calculates any future costs, such as medical bills and lost wages.
- You can focus on your health. We take over all negotiations with the insurance company. You can put your energy into getting better, and not answering phone calls or letters.
- Our firm partners with other professionals. As a personal injury law firm, we have access to resources that the average person does not. When necessary, we work with other professionals to gather evidence, recreate your accident, and estimate lifelong medical costs.
Henderson Negligent Rider Accident Lawyer Near Me 702-602-HURT
What If You Don’t Have Money for an Attorney?
At Pacific West Injury Law, we know that accidents can turn your life upside down. The last thing you need right now is another bill.
We believe that a lack of financial resources should not prevent justice. Responsible parties should be held accountable. That’s why our firm works on a contingency fee basis.
When we take on your negligent rider accident case, there are no upfront fees. We only collect payment if we win and secure a settlement for you.
What Can Happen If You Don’t Hire an Attorney After an Accident?
Without legal representation, you could face an unfavorable outcome:
- You may be wrongly accused of negligence. The insurance company could say that you were responsible for the accident, when in fact you were not. It is difficult, if not impossible, for individuals to adequately defend themselves without legal counsel.
- You may receive a lowball offer. After an accident, you may receive a settlement offer right away. This amount could be less than what you are eligible for, leaving you without enough money to cover future medical costs.
Our attorneys BEAR DOWN on the insurance company. We won’t let them place the blame on you when someone else is responsible. We’ll fight for maximum compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Is the Average Negligent Motorcycle Rider Accident Settlement?
You may see average settlement amounts discussed. Some sources even offer settlement calculators to give you a ballpark figure. However, there are two reasons why average settlement amounts may not be reliable nor helpful for your specific situation.
- Most, but not all, motor vehicle accident cases settle out of court. These settlement amounts are typically not a matter of public record, so we have no way to know how much was awarded to the injured party.
- The few cases that do go to trial may not be a fair comparison to your case or even a typical case. Medical costs vary greatly throughout the country, and compensation for current and future lost wages is personalized, based on an individual’s occupation and time left in the workforce.
What Does an Accident Settlement Pay for?
Compensation for a motorcycle accident should cover the economic, noneconomic, and punitive damages that are a result of the accident.
Economic damages, also called special damages, are losses that have a set cost or price.
- Lost income. Your injuries may keep you out of work for a while, or your injuries may be severe enough to prevent you from working in the same capacity ever again. You shouldn’t have to worry about bills.
- Accident-related medical bills. If someone else is responsible for your injuries, you shouldn’t have to pay for any related medical care. You should be compensated for everything from your ambulance ride to long-term in-home care.
- Property damage. After an accident, your vehicle likely needs repairs. It may even be undrivable and need to be replaced.
Noneconomic damages are also called general damages. These are the intangible, yet no less impactful, effects of the accident.
- Pain and suffering. Many people experience physical pain and emotional distress after an accident. Some accident victims must live with physical limitations or permanent disfigurement.
- Psychological trauma. According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), individuals may suffer post-traumatic stress disorder after an accident. Others may experience anxiety about driving or being a passenger in a car.
Punitive damages are a monetary amount that the responsible party has to pay as a punishment. NRS §42.005 sets forth the guidelines for determining punitive damages.
How Is Fault Established?
At Pacific West Injury Law, we work quickly and thoroughly to determine the cause or causes of your accident. When necessary, we interview witnesses, recreate the accident scene, and obtain video footage. Evidence can fade over time, so the sooner we get started on your case, the better.
Some people don’t contact an attorney right away because they wonder if they are at fault for their accident. One person’s recollection of the accident and what occurred from a legal standpoint may be two different things. The only way to know if you have a legal case is to speak with an attorney.
Let Us Help You with Your Negligent Motorcycle Rider Case
Our lawyers are ready to help you pursue the money that you deserve. Contact us now to schedule a free consultation with a negligent rider accident attorney in Henderson. Phone calls are answered 24/7.