We understand that getting into a car crash can be a horrific experience, often resulting in devastating injuries and expensive medical care. It can also leave you and your loved ones stressed about your finances and plans for the future. Even though your Henderson car crash was traumatic, you do not have to go through its aftermath alone.
When you retain Pacific West Injury Law, you can rest assured that you get the legal help you need. Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys will work tirelessly on your behalf to ensure you receive all the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call us today for a free consultation and advice.
Speak to a Car Accident Lawyer in Henderson Right Away
Motor vehicle accident claims can be tedious and complex and often involve many moving parts. To recover financial compensation for your injuries, you must prove how the accident happened and who was at fault.
Proving Fault in a Car Accident
To prove fault in a motor vehicle accident, the victim must show that another person intentionally caused the crash. Or that the other person’s negligent actions resulted in the automobile collision.
To prove negligence, the victim needs to demonstrate the following elements:
- The defendant had a duty to provide the accident victim with reasonable care, such as obeying traffic laws
- The defendant breached this duty of care
- This breach was the direct and proximate cause of the accident and the victim’s injuries
- The victim suffered significant damages and losses as a result of the accident, and their injuries
Types of Damages You Can Collect
You may be entitled to specific financial relief if you have been injured in an accident. This compensation can include:
- Medical expenses, including past, present, and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Personal property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of reputation
Nevada’s Statutes of Limitations
One of the most critical aspects of a car accident claim is that you have limited time to file your case. In Nevada, you only have two years from the accident date to bring a personal injury claim. If you miss this deadline, you can be barred from recovering compensation for the harm you endured.
However, our lawyers can still assist you by helping you determine whether or not you should pursue a claim against the responsible party.
Pacific West Injury Law has helped thousands of accident victims throughout Southern Nevada obtain the compensation they deserve.
Questions You Should Ask Your Auto Accident Attorney
You must understand that your personal injury lawyer is someone you will have to work very closely with through your legal proceedings. As a result, you must discuss some pertinent questions with them before you get started on your case:
- What are the fees, and am I responsible for case-related costs? The cost of hiring a personal injury attorney varies depending on your case type. For example, many firms work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning you don’t pay unless you win. However, you must know what these costs are so you do not incur unnecessary charges.
- How long can my case take to resolve? You will likely be told that the average auto accident lawsuit may take one to three years to complete, though it may take less or more time, depending on the complexity of your case.
- Will my case go to trial? If you decide to sue the at-fault driver and the insurance company or another entity refuses to settle, your case will likely go to court. Your injury accident firm should advise you about how to proceed once they’ve determined who is liable for your injuries.
- What is my job during the lawsuit? Your attorney should handle all communication with the opposing side, negotiate settlement offers, draft pleadings, and represent you in court. They should also keep you up-to-date on any developments in your case. At Pacific West, we believe your job is to stay calm and focused while you recover from your injuries.
How Do I Know If I Need a Car Accident Attorney in Henderson?
If you were injured in a Henderson car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries. It is crucial to consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after the accident occurs.
A skilled personal injury attorney can help you determine whether or not a claim is viable and guide you through the process of filing a complaint. We could also:
- Review your medical records.
- Analyze the accident scene.
- Evaluate your damages.
- Help you prepare an effective complaint.
- Negotiate a fair settlement offer.
- File your claim with the appropriate authorities.
- Represent you in court.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance.
- Give you peace of mind.
- Work hard to get you to get paid.
At Pacific West Injury Law, we provide clients with exceptional service and representation. That’s because we employ highly experienced and knowledgeable attorneys in their respective fields. In addition, we strive to provide each client with personalized attention and care.
The circumstances surrounding your car accident can be overwhelming. However, as we said, your main job following this collision should be healing, not dealing with the complexities of a car accident claim.
Fortunately, when you work with our law firm, we can manage this complicated legal process for you.
Injuries After a Car Accident
As you likely know, motor vehicle collisions can result in multiple severe and possibly deadly injuries. Some of the most common car accident injuries often include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Back injuries
- Deep lacerations
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Severe pain due to nerve damage
- Loss Of limb function
You may have questions regarding what type of injuries you sustained in a car accident and how that translates to compensation for damages. Our team of auto accident lawyers is here to answer those questions and more.
Time Away from Work
If you experience a significant injury following your motor vehicle accident, you may be in the hospital for an extended period. Even if you heal, the injury can still result in a disability that may not allow you to return to work immediately.
If this is the case, you must speak with your doctor and employer regarding the time you can take off work.
You do not want to risk further injuring yourself by returning to work early. If necessary, we can also help you file a worker’s compensation claim to ensure you receive full benefits.
Negotiating Your Settlement
Following your car accident, you may get a call from the insurance company denying your claim or trying to pressure you into taking a lowball settlement offer. They will also likely attempt to get you to admit fault for the accident.
To avoid these issues, we advise you to leave any conversations and negotiations to your Henderson car accident attorney. Our legal team will help you avoid saying anything that might adversely impact your case while we attempt to reach a financial settlement on your behalf.
Types of Car Accidents We Handle
A car accident can happen in numerous ways, including rear-end wrecks, T-bone crashes, or head-on collisions. Our legal team handles all types of car accidents, no matter how big or small.
Minor Car Accidents
A minor car accident can result in minimal damage to your vehicle. But it can still lead to debilitating injuries that leave you with skyrocketing medical bills and lost wages.
Our team has handled countless cases involving minor car accidents, typically involving a single-vehicle crash; however, they can also occur when two vehicles collide.
When motorists fail to act reasonably during a specific situation, their driving can be considered negligent. As a result of these careless or reckless actions, these negligent drivers can cause an accident that injures another driver, passenger, or pedestrian. Negligent driving typically includes:
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Ignoring stop signs or red lights
- Distracted driving
Under Nevada’s comparative negligence law, if both parties were responsible for a car accident. In a personal injury case, the partially-at-fault victim can recover a percentage of their damages if they were not more than 50% responsible for the accident.
Speaking with an experienced car accident lawyer can help determine how much compensation you can pursue.
Get a Free Legal Consultation from Our Henderson Car Accident Lawyers
We understand that dealing with a severe injury after a car accident can be overwhelming. Our lawyers are here to provide guidance and support throughout the process.
The Pacific West Injury Law attorneys are dedicated to providing compassionate legal representation for you and your family. Do not wait any longer. Contact Pacific West Injury Law today for a free consultation.