Drunk driving accidents can appear to be simple on the surface. The other driver was drunk, he crashed into your car, and you got injured, but proving negligence and collecting the full compensation you are owed is not always that easy.
The other driver’s insurance company may try to blame you or other parties, or they may question the severity of your injuries. They can even deny your claim outright. Any car accident can have obstacles; until your claim is resolved, it is always at risk.
A Boulder City drunk driving car accident attorney with Pacific West Injury Law can protect your rights and work to maximize your compensation. We work hard to ensure that you are treated fairly and don’t have to accept an undervalued settlement.
Do I Need a Drunk Driving Car Accident Attorney for My Accident in Boulder City?
While the insurance adjusters may call and offer a settlement, it’s rarely enough to address the damages you have incurred. There can be future medical complications, so accepting any settlement before your treatment has concluded is never a good idea.
They can seem friendly and sympathetic, but they employ a number of tactics designed to reduce their liability and try to deny your claim altogether. Further, if you accept their settlement and find it is not enough, you are barred from any further legal action against them.
A drunk driving accident lawyer in Boulder City will deal with bad faith insurance company tactics and negotiate on your behalf. They will defend you against liability claims made against you and prepare your case for court if a sufficient settlement cannot be reached.
Recoverable Damages in a Nevada Drunk Driving Accident Case
Insurance company adjusters do not make it a practice to hand out the maximum amount of money allowed in car accident claims. On the contrary, they are highly incentivized to minimize payouts to preserve the profitability of their employers.
They will generally offer to cover a fraction of the cost of your medical bills without taking your suffering into account. A Boulder City drunk driving car accident injury lawyer can calculate your damages and help you to find the evidence to substantiate your damage demands.
Your attorney may work with financial experts, healthcare planners, and medical experts to ensure the value of your claim is as accurate as possible to provide you with the best estimate. The damages considered in a drunk driving accident claim can be:
- Medical bills associated with the crash for current and future treatment
- Lost earnings
- Loss of future wages and earning potential
- Vocational rehab costs if applicable
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental trauma
- Punitive damages in certain cases
Insurance Company Tactics
Insurance adjusters employ dozens of tactics that are designed specifically to reduce liability and payouts. Insurance companies are well aware that injured people will have medical bills and will face financial struggles due to the injuries and time off work.
They take advantage of drunk driving car accident victims by exploiting their need for money in hopes they will be forced to accept a low payout just to temporarily make ends meet. You can protect yourself by enlisting the help of a lawyer.
Here are a few tricks that the insurance companies regularly rely on:
- Ignoring your claim entirely
- Ignoring your calls and emails
- Misrepresenting the policy terms
- Requiring the submission of unnecessary, time-consuming forms
- Deceiving you about your rights
- Getting you to agree to recorded statements
- Denying the severity of your injuries
- Misleading you with questions designed to expose you to liability
- Accusing you of contributing to your own injuries
- Badgering you with spam calls and emails to annoy you into taking a lowball offer
Enlisting the service of a drunk driving car accident lawyer in Boulder City can help you to understand the future costs you may face. We can fight the insurance company through negotiation or legal action to maximize your payout.
What Can a Boulder City Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyer Add to My Case?
Lawyers take on many responsibilities and roles to provide their clients with the best possible results.
A personal injury attorney from our firm will:
- Investigate to identify all of the parties that can be held responsible
- Determine sources of liability
- Handle all communications from the insurance company and opposing counsel on your behalf
- Manage and submit paperwork and documentation
- Manage legal calendar and ensure all deadlines are met
- Gather evidence necessary to support your case
- Consult with accident reconstruction and medical experts to testify as expert witnesses
- Conduct aggressive negotiations to ensure your damages are addressed
- Represent you in court and take the case to trial if necessary
How Are Drunk Driving Car Accident Attorneys in Boulder City Paid for Their Services?
Your lawyer will likely accept your case on a contingency basis and front the costs of processing your claim until a resolution is reached. There is nothing to pay upfront and you will not be obligated to pay anything unless your claim is won or settled.
When the attorney is able to recover compensatory damages on your behalf, a percentage of that recovery is paid to the law firm or attorney who represented your case. Most personal injury lawyers will charge between 33.3%-45% for their services, depending on the nature of the case.
Our firm will handle all court filing fees and expenses related to your claim, as well as provide legal advice and devise a strategy to best pursue your claim. It’s always important to choose a legal firm with the financial assets to support litigation, and we are adequately resourced.
Contact a Boulder City Drunk Driving Car Accident Law Firm to Learn How We Can Help
At Pacific West Injury Law, our primary concern is to fight for the maximum compensation for those who have been hurt because of the negligence of others. We are proud to have recovered significant compensation for people who truly needed and deserved it.
For a free case evaluation, please contact us today. You are under no obligation and there is no risk of learning more.