Dog bites are a far more common mishap than most people believe, and thousands of dog bites are reported every year in Seattle. While responsible owners may be extra cautious in ensuring their pets stay obedient and peaceful around others, others still let their dogs become vicious, and the results are mostly tragic.
If you’ve recently experienced a dog bite or someone you know has gone through the same, you can file a claim against the less conscientious pet owner. So speak with the experienced Seattle dog bite injury attorneys at Pacific West Injury for apt guidance.
How Should I Respond If a Dog Bites Me In Seattle?
The moves you make after the dog bite incident can determine the direction and outcome of your case. Generally, make sure you handle the case in the following ways:
- Contact the police so that authorities develop an official record of the attack. This will aid your search for compensation.
- Write down the dog owner’s full name and contact details. Also, obtain the details of witnesses so that you can reach out to them to assist your case with their testimony.
- Take photos of the scene and dog, and capture the actual harm inflicted by the dog. Your case becomes stronger if you provide more evidence.
- Make sure you seek medical attention and have a professional review your injuries and ascertain the level of harm. Keep all the documentation and receipts as they will be important when seeking compensation.
- Note down everything. Non-economic damages have a massive role in your dog bite case, so be sure to provide any information detailing your experience. Even if it takes years to resolve, your journal will refresh your memory of the events.
- With too much at stake, the final step would be to reach out to an experienced dog bite Injury lawyer in Seattle with comprehensive knowledge of dog bite claims. This will increase your chances of getting a favorable case outcome.
Let an Experienced Dog Bite Attorney in Seattle Help Your Case
Dog bite claims can be complicated due to the lack of specific statutes. Several challenges could make it hard for you to obtain sufficient compensation, so it would be in your best interest to let a Pacific West Injury seasoned attorney handle your case. A Seattle dog bite injury lawyer will help your case in the following ways:
- Protecting your rights throughout the claims process
- Establishing your claim
- Negotiating and collecting damages
- Setting your lawsuit
- Representing you in court as you recover
So speak with us today to schedule your free case evaluation.
No Fee Until We Win!
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Seattle, call: