Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident because of another individual’s reckless behavior? The Las Vegas motorcycle attorneys at Pacific West can potentially help you recover damages from the incident.
Because motorcycles are narrow and can easily maneuver through traffic, other vehicles tend to not take safety precautions properly around them and cause frequent collisions on the road. According to the Nevada Department of Public Safety, in 2019, nearly 20% of all traffic fatalities in the state involved motorcyclists.
Reasons to Hire a Lawyer
A Pacific Law attorney will take care of the legal responsibilities as you focus your energy on healing from your motorcycle accident injuries. Their work can include the following:
- Filing your claim
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Gathering evidence
- Representing you at trial (should the case go that far)
- Calculating a value from your damages
- Hiring an accident reconstruction expert
- Taking care of all communications
To convenience our clients, our motorcycle accident lawyers work on a contingency- fee basis. This means, unless we win your case, we do not require any payments.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Injuries
While there are different explanations for a motorcycle accident, these are some examples of cases we have recent experience with:
- Other vehicles turned or changed lanes negligently without looking for nearby motorcycles
- The driver fails to stop or yield to motorcycles
- Debris is tossed on the road
- Cars, trucks, and 18-wheel drive vehicles recklessly pass motorcycles
- Incoherent drivers (from alcohol or being sleep deprived)
- The driver was tailgating a motorcyclist
- Passengers open their car door without checking for passing motorcycles
How to File a Motorcycle Injury Claim
Motorcycle accident victims may be spending several weeks, if not months, recovering from their injuries and frequently visiting doctor’s offices. As the medical bills pile up, it may be in your best interest to file an injury claim.
To make things a little easier, here are the steps to submit a request:
- It’s important to see a medical professional for evaluation regardless of how severe the incident is to receive validation of the injuries connected to the accident.
- Once our attorneys at Pacific West review your case, they can confirm if it meets the necessary conditions and begin the paperwork.
- Collect evidence. This includes police reports, traffic camera footage, receipts from out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, testimonies from medical or economic experts.
- An attorney can help you collect the necessary evidence if you decide to file the claim earlier.
- Total the value of your combined losses (special, general and punitive). Our accident attorneys have experience assigning value to clients’ non-economic damages.
- Decide how you would like to pursue your motorcycle injury case with these two legal options: you can agree to settle things through negotiation with the other party or file a lawsuit.
What You Can Be Compensated For
A motorcycle injury lawyer will help determine the monetary value assigned to your damages that you should be seeking from the defendant. These are some things you can potentially recover:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Future medical costs for surgery and rehabilitation therapy
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses (in a wrongful death case)
Driving a motorcycle presents an often high-risk danger. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists are about 28 times as likely as individuals in passenger vehicles to die in a motor vehicle traffic crash. If your loved one was the victim in a motorcycle accident and ended up passing away, file a wrongful death claim with a Pacific West attorney’s help and seek compensation.
Call Pacific West Injury Law for a FREE Consultation
Pacific West Injury Law has helped numerous individuals, and their family members, seek justice and recover from their damages. Our personal injury lawyers understand the damage this accident likely caused you and your family and we want to alleviate some of your pain.