Although no amount of money will entirely erase the damages, harm, and losses you had to endure following a motorcycle accident, obtaining compensation for this accident can help you start rebuilding your life and give you the peace of mind that justice has been secured. However, following this devastating accident, many victims often have no idea what a reasonable settlement actually looks like.
That is why to help clear up some of this confusion, we have prepared the following post. In it, we will go over some of the frequently asked questions many victims often have regarding motorcycle accidents and settlement negotiations. We hope with these answers, you have the information you need to go after the justice and money you deserve.
How Much Money Can You Receive in a Settlement Following a Motorcycle Accident?
Victims of a motorcycle crash often want to know how much money they will get following their accident. Unfortunately, the answer to that question is not as straightforward as they hope it to be. This is because there are usually many factors that can impact the value of this claim, including:
- The extent and the severity of the injuries
- The type of medical treatments that are needed now and in the future
- Whether the injuries that resulted are permanent
- The ability to work following the motorcycle accident
- The extent of the pain and suffering following the accident
- The ability to take part in everyday activities after the motorcycle crash
- The need for replacement services or ongoing care following the accident
- The available insurance policy limits
Yet, even though a personal injury attorney may not be able to tell you the exact amount of money you can receive following this accident when you work with a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer, these attorneys can review these factors, determine which ones can impact your claim, and figure out the maximum amount of damages they can pursue.
For a free legal consultation, call 702-602-HURT
What Does a Good Settlement Offer Entail Following a Motorcycle Crash?
If you were involved in a motorcycle crash, or your loved one died in a motorcycle accident, a good settlement offer will often include compensation for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death benefits
However, most insurance companies will try to settle for less than your case is worth. That is why working with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney is so critical for the success of your claim. These lawyers can make sure that you are not taken advantage of, as they fight hard for the money you are entitled to.
Who Can You Hold Liable for Your Motorcycle Accident and Recover a Settlement From?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to pursue compensation from the parties responsible for this accident. Although numerous individuals can be at fault for a motorcycle crash, generally, these liable individuals include:
- Third parties, such as other motorists and pedestrians
- The motorcycle’s manufacturer or designer
- The motorcycle’s maintenance crew
- The motorcycle’s parts manufacturer
- Governmental entities, if road defects or malfunctioning traffic signs caused the motorcycle crash
However, following a motorcycle crash, it is often challenging trying to figure out who may have been responsible for this collision. For these reasons, after your accident, you should reach out to a knowledgeable motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. These attorneys can promptly review the crash, figure out what happened, and hold all those at fault for the accident accountable for the damages you suffered.
What Are the Time Limitations to Bring an Injury Claim Following a Motorcycle Accident?
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim after a motorcycle accident in Nevada is two years from the accident date. As a result, it is best not to wait to pursue legal action following a motorcycle collision. Rather, you need to reach out to a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer quickly so that these lawyers can determine the exact amount of time you have to file your case and ensure that all of your documents and motions are adequately prepared and filed before time expires.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Can an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help You Get the Settlement You Deserve?
When you work with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, you can rest assured these attorneys will try to do everything they can to get you the maximum settlement you deserve. In fact, once you retain one of these lawyers, they can:
- Go over your case, evaluate your claim, and determine your legal options.
- Investigate your accident and secure the evidence required to prove fault and damages, such as surveillance videos or eyewitness accounts.
- Hire expert witnesses, such as accident reconstructionists, to substantiate your claim.
- Negotiate aggressively with the other side, including the insurance company, and aim to get the largest possible settlement.
- Head to trial if the insurance company keeps lowballing the offer, and go after maximum damages.
Contact Pacific West Injury Law Today and Get the Legal Help You Need
Do not wait any longer to get the legal help you need after a motorcycle collision. Instead, contact Pacific West Injury Law today for a free case evaluation and let our lawyers show you how we can fight for the justice you are entitled to.