Hotels, Resorts and Casinos in Las Vegas promise to deliver the finest guest experiences, unrivalled entertainment and unforgettable memories.
These large properties provide countless luxuries and amenities to guests, but they are also comprised of areas and locations that need constant maintenance and additional safety precautions.
Nevada laws require Hotel and casino owners, operators, management, employees, and contractors to ensure their premises are safe for patrons.
Suppose a hotel or casino disregarded measures that could have been critical in preventing an unfortunate accident resulting in a victim’s injuries. In that case, such a victim may be eligible to seek compensation for medical bills, the time they were off work, and even for pain and suffering.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of an accident as a result of hotel or casino’s negligence or carelessness, consult a knowledgeable and experienced Las Vegas hotel and casino injury attorney to know about your legal rights and whether you are entitled to hold accountable the owner of the property where the accident occurred.
Common Causes Of Hotel And Casino Accidents in Las Vegas
Some factors that contribute to hotel and casino accidents are:
- Wet, Icy or Waxed floors,
- Inadequate Lighting,
- Lack of signs that warn of unsafe conditions or hazards,
- Spilled substances on floors,
- Uneven floors,
- Loose steps and handrails,
- Badly-maintained elevators and escalators.
- Untended or neglected Jacuzzi or swimming pools.
- Fires and explosions,
- Lead or food poisoning,
- Exposure to toxic materials, or
- Inadequate security
Types Of Injuries Sustained In Hotel And Casino Accidents.
The most common hotel and casino accident injuries in Las Vegas are:
- Head Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Hip fractures
- Spinal Cord injuries
- Wrongful Deaths
What Could My Las Vegas Hotel Or Casino Accident Claim Be Worth?
Numerous factors will affect the worth of your accident claim. A Las Vegas personal injury lawyer will analyze them all to seek maximum compensation for your injuries.
Some common factors that could help determine the value of your Las Vegas hotel or casino claim include the following:
- Severity of your Injuries
- Evidence and statements from your treating doctor, accident reconstruction experts, and witnesses
- Was the owner or the management of the Hotel or casino aware of the safety hazards or should have been aware, and were adequate measures taken to address such hazards
- The likely future impact of your injuries.
Nevada Is A Modified Comparative Fault State
Nevada Revised Statutes 41.141 establishes modified comparative fault in Nevada negligence cases. Assigning fault in Nevada personal injury accident cases is often a complex process. An individual is barred from recovering compensation if they are more than 51% responsible for causing an accident.
If the victim bears some fault, their compensation is reduced by their percentage of fault.
For example, if you are injured in a hotel accident and the Hotel was mostly to blame for the accident. However, the Hotel proved you were partially to blame because you were using your phone.
The Hotel is found to be ninety percent at fault, and you are assigned ten percent of the fault.
If your damages total $100,000, the Hotel will have to pay $90,000 of your damages.
Pacific West Injury Law – We Take On Powerful Las Vegas Hotels And Casinos To Help You Recover A Fair And Adequate Compensation.
Our fearless attorneys at The Pacific West Injury Law provide emotional support, assure confidentiality, and help clients get familiarized with the complex legal system in Nevada. We ensure that your rights are not suppressed and stand up to mega-rich Las Vegas hotels and casinos and their insurance companies on your behalf and make sure that the guilty are held accountable.
If you enlist our services, the experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at our firm will:
- Obtain copies of police reports and medical records
- Help determine fault and liable parties
- Help determine the worth of your claim
- Identify and interview witnesses who were present at the scene of the accident that caused your injuries
- Photograph, inspect and investigate the site of the incident
- Hire and consult experts who are needed to determine the origin and the cause of the accident. Thanks to our vast experience in personal injury accident claims in Las Vegas, we have built a network of experts that includes accident reconstruction experts, life care planners, and experts from various areas of medicine
- Help you to understand the ramifications of your injuries and also assist you in locating the best doctors and rehabilitation facilities near you
- Ensure you fully understand the specific time limits, restrictions, and rules for filing an accident claim. Nevada Statute of Limitations for personal injury accidents is two years after the accident occurred.
- Strive for a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Take the case to trial if required.
- Recover economic damages such as medical bills, lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, and costs of rehabilitation
- Recover non-economic damages suffered due to pain and suffering, mental anguish and emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life and companionship.
If you’ve been injured in a hotel or casino accident in Las Vegas, Henderson, or North Las Vegas, it is imperative that you find the best legal care as soon as possible.
Call an experienced hotel and casino accident lawyer at Pacific West Injury Law for a free case evaluation right away.
We want to help you to pursue the compensation that you deserve.