It’s common to feel a sense of confusion after an auto wreck. You may have worries about your injuries and your car, and you might be worried about who will pay for the medical bills. There is no shortage of things to worry about when you are in a car accident, but you don’t have to handle it alone.
The Sunrise Manor car accident attorneys at Pacific West Injury Law Firm can help to alleviate some of those concerns. We can determine negligence, handle the insurance adjusters, protect your rights, and help to pursue your compensation.
When another driver is at fault for your injuries, you shouldn’t have to pay for the damages you didn’t cause. Legal counsel is available. And having an advocate on your side can help to maximize your claim and reduce your stress so that you can focus on healing.
How Is Fault Determined in a Car Accident in Nevada?
The comparative negligence doctrine is followed in Nevada under Nev. Rev. Stat. § 41.141. In a car accident, several parties can share the blame for the crash, including the victim. The determination of liability in a personal injury claim can be complex, and it isn’t always cut and dry.
Involving your lawyer from the beginning can do more than help to deal with insurance companies. A lawyer’s job is also to protect your rights by shielding you from any allegations of liability made against you.
If you are found to share a percentage of the fault in a crash, it will reduce the amount of your settlement. This is why it is critical to seek legal advice from a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
How to Deal With Calls From Insurance Company Adjusters
You may receive calls from your own insurance company or the insurance company of the other driver. If you are still in the process of selecting a lawyer, we have compiled a few tips to help you handle insurance adjuster calls.
What to Do When the Insurance Adjuster Calls
- Ask for the name of the insurance company, the adjuster’s name, their contact information, and the claim number. Depending on the circumstances of your crash, multiple insurance companies can be involved.
- Be brief and be pleasant. There’s no need to go on the defense. Let them know your contact information and name if they need it.
- Take notes about the conversation and pay attention to the questions they have. Inquire about whether they have any knowledge of any witnesses.
- Be vague when speaking about injuries. You’ll be happy to let them know more after your doctor has finished evaluating.
Avoid These Things When Speaking to the Insurance Adjusters
- You are under no obligation to allow them to record a statement or your conversation. Do not provide permission for them to record. Things you say can later be used against you to invalidate the severity of your injuries or deny your claim completely.
- Insurance representatives will often try to engage you in small talk to build rapport and make you feel more comfortable talking. Steer the conversation back to the accident and keep it to the basic facts. Limit the information you provide to where it was, when it was, and what kind of accident it was. Details aren’t necessary.
- They may ask about other people. There is no reason for you to provide the name of your doctor or any information about your family members. You don’t need to provide any witness information.
- They may ask about where you work or what kind of work you do. You can say the name of your employer but you aren’t required to provide working hours, income details or any information about your job.
- You are not required to sign, record, or agree to anything.
A Sunrise Manor car accident attorney can handle all contact with the insurance company. A lawyer will know how to combat the tactics used by insurance companies and will work to protect your legal interests and your claim.
We Fight for Maximum Compensation for Car Accident Injury Victims
When someone else causes your life to be disrupted in a car crash, you need a legal firm that will fight for your restitution. The financial burden following an accident can become a hardship without the right legal action.
Aside from the physical pain, car accident victims can experience lost earnings, emotional trauma, missed opportunities, and strain on personal relationships. You are legally entitled to seek compensation for your damages when someone else’s negligence causes your suffering.
Your car accident attorney will fight to pursue the maximum compensation possible. Your damages will be calculated with a comprehensive evaluation by your lawyer and professionals in the financial and medical field to ensure accurate accounting for future costs.
Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case in Nevada
The damages we often recover for accident victims in Sunrise Manor can be:
- Your lost wages and loss of future income
- Your medical costs
- Cost of future medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage costs
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
Contact a Sunrise Manor Car Accident Law Firm Today
When you are injured in a car crash, you need to talk to an attorney who will fight to get you the results you need. You have the right to pursue compensation through civil litigation, and the Sunrise Manor car accident lawyers of Pacific West Injury Law are ready to listen.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation. We can offer the help you need to avoid potential obstacles and advise you of your legal rights and options.