If you or your loved one suffered a spinal cord injury in an accident in North Las Vegas, you might get compensated for your damages. But you need an overly experienced and reliable personal injury attorney to help review your claim, build a solid case, and offer unrelenting legal representation to guarantee maximum compensation for your injuries.
That’s where Pacific West Injury Law comes into play! We’re a 5-star rated law firm led by an award-winning personal injury lawyer, Kris Helmick. Kris leverages his immense experience and expertise to build unbeatable claims, fight tooth and nail in the court, and ensure that clients recover maximum financial compensation for lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, etc. Reach out 24/7 for a free, no-obligation review of your spinal cord injury claim.
When Do You Need a Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in North Las Vegas?
Insurance companies and the opposing counsel are notorious for employing unethical and inhumane tactics to frustrate victims, hoping to get their clients off trouble. Some of these ploys include:
- Taking you through unnecessary legal red tape
- Obstructing your attempts to contact them
- Offering settlements worth far less than you deserve
- Holding back payment
For these reasons, you need a trustworthy spinal cord injury lawyer in North Las Vegas right from the time of your injury. This guarantees the following:
- You don’t get bullied around. A competent attorney by your side ensures that no one tries to demean you, downplay the incident, or turn the blame on you. Having an aggressive legal representation is enough to send a message to the other side that you won’t settle for anything less than the maximal compensation for your injuries.
- You get time to recover. It’s virtually impossible to recover from your physical injuries when you’re stressed about your financial wellbeing. Your North Las Vegas spinal cord injury lawyer will ensure that you get a settlement faster so you can focus your attention on rehab and recovery.
- You don’t have to worry about affording a lawyer. The best part about working with a compassionate personal injury law firm like Pacific West is that you don’t have to pay anything upfront unless the case is won. The goal is to let you focus on your recovery as your able lawyers do everything possible to make those liable for your injuries pay.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer serving North Las Vegas, call 702-602-HURT
When Should You Pursue Legal Action for a Spinal Cord Injury?
There are circumstances when your lawyer may encourage you to pursue legal action, whereas some instances may not be concrete enough for litigation. So here are a few situations that warrant you contacting a spinal cord injury attorney:
You Were Injured in an Accident
An injury from any form of accident should be a serious cause for alarm, be it a car, cycling, amusement park, boating wreck, etc. It may not be apparent who is at fault at the heat of the moment, so you want to consult your lawyer to get to the bottom of the incident and help determine liabilities like negligence or faulty parts.
Your Doctor Caused (or Failed to Treat) Your Injuries
A qualified doctor has a duty to diagnose and treat their patients accurately, so they may be held liable for your injuries if they don’t fulfill this. You need a competent spinal cord injury attorney to prove that the doctor:
- Failed to treat a catastrophic injury that warranted their care
- Was consulting or caring for you while intoxicated
- Committed a grave surgical error such as operating on the wrong organ
- Ignored the well stipulated medical standards for treating an injury
Someone Hurt You Intentionally or Negligently
You need a qualified spinal cord injury to help you recover compensation for your damages when someone hurts you purposefully or due to gross recklessness. A motorist hitting you, a nightclub bouncer punching you in the back, or a gun holder shooting you accidentally are a few liability examples you can pursue.
You Were Injured at a Business
If you sustain injuries at someone else’s business, the owner may be liable for the damages. A perfect example is when a packed box hits your back, neck, or head due to negligent shelving or faulty products.
A Faulty Product Injured or Failed to Protect You
If you get injured by a faulty product, your lawyer may help build a strong case around the following circumstances:
- You used a protective product correctly, e.g., a bike helmet, but it didn’t protect you during an accident
- The pharmacist prescribed the wrong medication or medical products, worsening your state
- A pharma product caused a life-threatening reaction
North Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 702-602-HURT
What Compensation Can You Claim for Your Spinal Cord Injuries?
Spinal cord injury damages typically fall into two compensable categories: economic and non-economic. Here’s a quick breakdown:
These damages compensate for the money you have spent, will continue to spend, or will no longer be able to earn due to your injuries. They include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- In-home assistance or renovations
- Special medical equipment like a wheelchair
- Anticipated future medical care
- Therapy sessions or rehabilitative care
- Diminished earning potential
There are devastating damages that are virtually impossible to define by a dollar amount. They may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Permanent impairment
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
What Should You Do After a Spinal Cord Injury?
The effects of a spinal cord injury are permanent and may be life-threatening if left alone. So the first action you want to take is to seek immediate medical care for diagnosis and timely treatment.
After recovering or as you recover, your close family member should reach out to a reliable spinal cord injury lawyer for counsel and advice regarding your legal rights and options. The attorney will then review your case comprehensively and encourage or discourage you from filing a claim based on the material facts. Suppose the former is true, and the case goes to trial, your attorney will leverage their experience and expertise to fight for you in the courtroom, ensuring you obtain maximum compensation for your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The North Las Vegas Spinal Injury Attorneys at Pacific West Injury Law Are Here to Help
Don’t suffer silently due to someone else’s negligence, gross misconduct, intentional act, or malice. At Pacific West Injury Law, we understand the devastating impacts of a spinal cord injury.
That’s why we always put our best foot forward, fighting tooth and nail for our clients through aggressive representation and compassionate care so that you receive maximum compensation for your losses. So don’t hesitate to contact us anytime 24/7 or schedule a FREE case review. Remember, you don’t pay us anything unless we win!