As the city and county continue to iron out the regulations that will ultimately shape the scooter industry in North Las Vegas, particularly as it pertains to companies such as Bird who offer their electric scooters for rent through an app much like the popular rideshare apps for Uber or Lyft, the scooters are already found in the region. Accidents are already happening, and injuries are already being treated.
If you have been injured in a scooter accident in North Las Vegas that occurred as a result of someone else’s carelessness or recklessness, you can seek compensation for your injuries through a personal injury lawsuit. A Bird scooter accident lawyer in North Las Vegas can help you understand this process.
What Steps Should a Person Take After a Bird Scooter Accident?
If you have been involved in a bird scooter accident, the most important thing to do is to be evaluated by a medical professional, even if you don’t feel hurt. A number of injuries present with delayed symptoms, and the shock and adrenaline of the accident can also serve to mask the severity of your injuries for several hours.
Additional steps to take after a Bird scooter accident include:
- Exchanging contact information with others who were involved in or witnessed the accident, and insurance information from any motorists involved.
- Contacting a Bird scooter accident lawyer in North Las Vegas
For a free legal consultation with a bird scooter accidents lawyer serving North Las Vegas, call 702-602-HURT
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Charge?
Individuals in North Las Vegas are permitted by state law to use the state’s civil court system in order to seek compensation for the expenses and impacts of their injuries. This is a complex legal process that is often overwhelming for individuals who have not obtained experience and training in the law.
Because the services of an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer are so important to your pursuit of compensation for your injuries, we are prepared to offer two special services designed to ensure access to our assistance to anyone who needs it, regardless of financial status:
- A free case evaluation, which is time with an attorney to discuss your case, learn more about the personal injury process, and how Pacific West Injury Law can help you with your claim
- A contingent-fee payment, which means you owe nothing for your attorney’s services until there is a positive outcome in your case
North Las Vegas Bird Scooter Accident Lawyer Near Me 702-602-HURT
What Is the Average Bird Scooter Accident Settlement Worth?
Settlement agreements in civil cases are truly one-of-a-kind. They represent not only the unique facts of the case, such as how the accident occurred, how seriously the claimant was injured, and how completely their injury impacted their life, but also how willing each side was to reach an agreement.
Because of the unique factors involved in every Bird scooter accident in North Las Vegas, there really is no “average” settlement. There are, however, a number of issues that can impact the value of your claim, such as:
- How much insurance the at-fault party has. Insurance is the means by which nearly all personal injury settlements and awards are paid
- The severity of your injury, the likelihood of complications, and the likelihood of permanent disabilities that can impact your ability to earn an income
- Your income before the accident, as many of the damage categories are determined based off what you were earning before your injury took place
- Your patience during settlement negotiations. Negotiations can continue until after the trial has begun, and obtaining a fair settlement offer often takes time
What Damages Can Be Recovered After a North Las Vegas Scooter Accident?
In the legal arena, the word “damages” is used to refer to payments that are received in compensation for harm. Economic damages refer to the compensation you can receive for the expenses of your North Las Vegas scooter accident, while non-economic damages refer to compensation you receive for the psychological impacts of your injury. Some common expenses and impacts that appear on damage claims following North Las Vegas scooter accidents are:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage you sustained as a result of the accident
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Is Liability Proven in a Scooter Accident?
In order to prove who was liable (legally responsible) for your Bird scooter accident in North Las Vegas, your attorney will seek to show the following elements in your case:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. The duty of care simply refers to the actions that a reasonable person would take in certain circumstances in order to protect the safety and property of others. For example, a motorist owes scooter riders and other users of the roadway the duty of care to drive his or her motor vehicle safely and legally, while scooter companies such as Bird are tasked with the responsibility to ensure that the scooters they are renting are properly maintained and in good repair
- There was a breach in the duty of care. This refers to the actions that the at-fault party took that were contrary to the duty of care that was owed
- The breach led to a Bird scooter accident in North Las Vegas in which you were injured. The injury caused you to incur expenses and impacts.
The Attorneys at Pacific West Injury Law Can Help with Your Bird Scooter Accident Case
Our experienced attorney can help you understand your legal options for recovering damages related to the injuries you incurred in a Bird scooter accident and can provide services aimed at ensuring your right to obtain the maximum amount of compensation available for your injuries. Some of those services include determining all sources of liability and accessible insurance resources, settlement negotiations, gathering the evidence and witness testimony needed to prove your claim in court, litigation services, and assistance collecting your settlement or award.
For a free case evaluation, 24/7, contact us online.