Gratefully, head-on collisions are not that common. They make up about 2% of all traffic accidents in the U.S. And, while they are more likely to happen in a rural area, North Las Vegas is far from immune.
If you or a family member were involved in a head-on collision, and you believe you were not at fault, you should call an experienced car accident lawyer familiar with the North Las Vegas area and Nevada traffic laws. You need to call Pacific West Injury Law.
Why Head-On Collisions Are More Dangerous than Other Accidents
When two vehicles hit head-on, the crash occurs with double the impact force. And head-on collisions usually involve vehicles traveling at high rates of speed in the first place.
When two cars traveling at 60 mph hit head-on, they collide at a force of 120 mph.
The results are often severe injuries and sometimes death. Like most accidents, head-on collisions are primarily negligence or human error. Examples include:
- Distracted driving
- Trying to pass at an inappropriate time
- Driving through a traffic signal or stop sign
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Understanding that another driver was responsible for your head-on collision is one thing and proving it is another.
What You Should Do After a Head-On Collision
First, you should get treatment for your injuries and follow the doctor’s orders. Second, you should call your insurance company to inform them of the accident. Third, you should contact a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer experienced in car accident law.
You need to avoid speaking about the accident with anyone except emergency personnel at the accident scene, medical personnel who treat you for your injuries, your immediate family, and your attorney. Avoid any admissions of fault, like “I never saw them”. Do NOT speak with any representative of the other driver or their insurance company.
While it would seem their intent is good, insurance companies are in the business of making money. Their adjusters and employees will try to get you to agree to as little compensation as possible. Don’t talk with them. Let your head-on collision attorney in North Las Vegas handle it.
Meet with a North Las Vegas Head-On Collision Lawyer Soon After Your Accident
When you call Pacific West Injury Law, you will be offered a free consultation regarding your accident. But why the rush? The reasoning behind meeting with an attorney as quickly as your injuries will allow is two-fold:
- After an accident, especially a serious one, memories begin to fade. You need to get your accounting of the head-on collision down on paper as soon as possible.
- Nevada has a two-year statute of limitations to file for a car accident case, including a head-on collision. Because of the nature of the accident and the seriousness of the injuries involved, your case could be time-consuming.
What to Expect During Your Free Consultation
At your first meeting, you should provide all the information you have regarding your head-on collision accident. This could include:
- The date, time, and exact location of your accident
- The name and number of your insurance company
- Your recollection of the accident
- The name and contact information of the other driver and their insurance company
- A copy of the police report, if available
- Photos of the accident or immediately following, including both vehicles
- Witness contact information
- Copies of your medical records, including from the emergency department, hospital, and your doctor
- Copies of your medical bills
- Copies of estimates or repair bills for your vehicle
- Any other information or bills pertinent to your accident
Reviewing the Evidence
After providing the information, your attorney and their legal team will be able to review all the evidence received to date and determine what your case may be. If you and your attorney agree you have a valid case, the legal team can get to work. To run an independent investigation, your attorney will:
- Speak with everyone involved and witnesses
- Get in touch with law enforcement officers on the scene if further information is needed.
- Get further information from your doctor regarding your injuries and recovery.
- Speak with experts in the field of head-on collisions and your type of injuries, who could later become expert witnesses if needed
- Speak with your insurance company adjuster
- Deal with the other driver’s insurance company
Following a thorough investigation, your head-on collision attorney in North Las Vegas will prepare and file your case.
Contact our North Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyers today.
Compensation You Can Claim After a Head-On Collision
The worst trauma and largest expense from your accident are the injuries sustained. The recovery from these injuries can be difficult and extended. However, you can claim compensation for other experiences, like pain and suffering, as well. Some forms of possible compensation may include:
- Your medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Future loss of income
- Reimbursement for repairs or replacement of your vehicle
- Cost of a rental car
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and post-traumatic stress or other psychological disorders following the accident
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Wrongful death from the loss of a loved one
Who Can Be Held Accountable?
Such a horrific accident can often leave one confused. It may seem like the other vehicle came out of nowhere. You may believe the other driver to be the one responsible, and they may be, but there could be others liable for your head-on collision. Those who could be held accountable may include:
- The driver of the other vehicle
- The driver’s employers if they were working at the time of the crash, including truck and bus drivers
- Vehicle or part manufacturer
- Vehicle’s repair shop
More than one person or business can be liable for the damages and injuries from the accident. Your lawyer will be able to determine just who during their investigation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now.
How to Find the Right Head-On Collision Lawyer in North Las Vegas
You need a North Las Vegas head-on collision attorney familiar with the roadways your accident took place and the laws of Nevada. You should find someone ready to fight for the best resolution for you. And find someone you are comfortable with and can speak with freely.
In North Las Vegas, contact Pacific West Injury Law for your free consultation. Let’s meet, and we will review your case. No one will work harder to get you the compensation you deserve.