Motorcycle riders often face more risks on Las Vegas roads than other motor vehicle drivers due to their lack of protection. As a result, these riders can face catastrophic harm and extensive medical bills resulting from an accident. Worse yet, if an uninsured motorist caused the crash, these motorcyclists may be on the hook for these astronomical costs.
However, if you have been harmed in this type of motorcycle accident, you do not have to go through this challenging ordeal alone. At Pacific West Injury Law, our skilled personal injury lawyers are here and ready to help you get through this difficult time and fight for the money you need.
Insurance Requirements in Las Vegas
Motorcycle insurance is required in Las Vegas, and the consequences of riding uninsured can result in various penalties, including license suspension and extensive fines. Typically, as a motorcyclist, you will have the same minimum coverage requirements that are necessary by other motorists in Nevada, which according to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), includes:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person in any one crash
- $50,000 for bodily injury or death of two or more people in any one collision
- $20,000 for injury or destruction of property of others in any one crash
In addition, the state also allows riders to obtain optional coverage to further protect themselves in an accident. This optional coverage includes comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
How does Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Coverage Work?
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is often an optional feature added to a car insurance policy. In Las Vegas, this insurance will usually cover the losses that result from an accident in which another motorist was at fault for the accident, but they do not carry any car insurance or do not have enough to cover your losses.
This uninsured motorist coverage tends to come into two basic varieties, including:
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage, which covers injuries to the individuals inside the vehicle, such as their medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering; and
- Uninsured motorist property damage coverage, which covers property damage to the vehicle itself
This is important insurance coverage since over 10% of Nevada drivers do not have any car insurance, while other motorists only maintain the minimum coverage amounts, which are usually not enough to cover the more serious accidents.
Recovering Damages After a Motorcycle Accident in Las Vegas
Under most insurance policies, even if you have uninsured/ underinsured coverage, you still have a legal obligation to report the accident in Nevada to the authorities. This report, along with other pieces of evidence such as photographs, witnesses statements, and medical reports, will be used to help determine what happened and who was at fault for the incident.
Yet, even if you provide all of this evidence, the insurer can come back and deny your claim. However, this does not mean that all hope is lost. If you disagree with this assessment, it may be best to reach out to a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to review your claim and determine the legal options you have. These lawyers may decide that you should pursue a lawsuit to collect the damages you are entitled to.
What Compensation Can You Collect After a Motorcycle Collision in Las Vegas?
If you or a loved one has been harmed in an uninsured motorcycle crash that was caused by another person’s negligent, reckless, or intentional intentions, you need a skilled personal injury lawyer fighting for your rights and going after the compensation you need, including:
- Medical coverage for the expenses related to your motorcycle collision
- Coverage for your property damages
- Lost wages recovery
In addition, your attorney can also pursue compensation related to your non-economic damages such as pain and suffering damages, loss of enjoyment of life damages, loss of consortium damages, and loss of companionship damages.
How Can an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Help You Following a Motorcycle Accident?
Although no amount of money will fully erase the hurt, damages, and pain you experienced after a motorcycle accident, a skilled personal injury attorney knows that obtaining the compensation you need for your injuries can help you start rebuilding your life after this traumatizing event.
That is why if you have been harmed in a motorcycle crash due to another person’s negligent or wrongful actions, you need to reach out to an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Once retained, these attorneys can:
- Go over your claim, determine if you have a viable case, and figure out the legal options you should pursue.
- Investigate your motorcycle crash and gather the evidence needed to prove what happened and who was at fault.
- Answer all the questions you have relating to your accident and your insurance claim.
- Tackle all the discussions and negotiations with the insurance company and make sure to fight for a settlement amount that is fair to you.
- Ensure that insurance paperwork and legal motions are prepared properly and filed before the statute of limitations expires.
- Bring in the experts such as accident reconstructionists to prove liability and substantiate your claim.
- Take your case to trial if the other side is unwilling to settle, and fight relentlessly for the successful resolution you need.
Fight for the Damages You Deserve with the Attorneys at Pacific West Injury Law on Your Side
If an uninsured motorcycle accident disrupted your life, do not wait any longer to seek legal help. Instead, contact Pacific West Injury Law today for a free case consultation, and let our team fight for the justice you deserve.