You are entitled to compensation if a negligent trucking company or driver causes a crash leading to injuries or property damages. Our experienced semi-truck accident attorneys at Pacific West Injury Law know the legal options available in such cases. We will fight for you until you get your deserved financial compensation.
How Semi-Truck Accidents Differ from Other Car Crashes
Dealing with semi-truck accidents isn’t similar to other car crashes, and filing a compensation claim can be more complicated. Here are some differences:
Different Laws Govern Semi-Truck Accidents
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the Nevada Department of Transportation have special laws that govern truckers and trucking companies. These laws are a bit complex, and they aim at promoting safety and preventing accidents. Drivers who violate these laws have a high chance of causing severe truck collisions.
There Could Be Many Liable Parties Involved
In most car accidents, the negligent or careless driver is the liable party. However, when it comes to semi-truck accidents, you may have to deal with many at-fault parties such as the driver, shipper, truck repair facility, and the trucking company. If you are a victim in such accidents, it may be challenging to negotiate claims settlements and prove negligence.
The Injuries Tend to Be More Severe
Since semi-trucks are much larger and weigh more than automobiles, they can cause more severe damages and injuries. As a victim of these cases, the value of your claim can be much higher if a careless trucker caused the crash. However, insurers fight harder and longer to reduce your accident injury claim.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Henderson, call 702-602-HURT
Common Causes of Semi-Truck Crashes in Henderson
Several reasons lead to semi-truck crashes in Henderson, including:
- Distracted driving: This can include using a cell phone to text, make or receive calls, or even looking at a GPS tracker while driving. These activities can take a driver’s eyes off the road and mind off their driving.
- Fatigue: Truck drivers have a regulated number of hours on the road to avoid drowsy driving. Unfortunately, many trucking companies have set high delivery targets, making these truckers violate the hours of service, which leads to accidents as drivers can fall asleep at the wheel.
- Intoxication:In case a trucker is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they can exhibit impaired vision, judgment, or reaction time. Intoxicated drivers cannot slow down or stop when needed or change lanes correctly, leading to jackknife, rear-end, or head-on collisions, among other accidents.
- Improper loading: When goods are improperly loaded or secured, they can easily shift during transportation, making the semi-truck rollover or jackknife. The load can also fall off the semi-truck and cause a multi-car collision.
- Lack of maintenance: Again, FMCSA requires truckers to conduct a pre-and post-trip inspection and do the necessary repairs or maintenance if needed. Failure to follow these rules leads to cases such as brake failure, a tire blowout, and malfunctioning of other parts, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle.
Henderson Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 702-602-HURT
Proving Semi-Truck Driver Negligence in Henderson
Handling a semi-truck accident on your own is a difficult task, but you can rely on our experienced attorneys to do a thorough investigation and prove negligence. While investigating your accident, our attorneys will:
- Interview witnesses
- Examine truck driver’s credentials
- Determine whether the driver obeyed local traffic laws
- Investigate the accident scene
- Review police and accident reports
- Look into the event data recorder
Importantly, some trucking companies falsify their records to safeguard themselves and their drivers. If this happens, our experienced semi-truck accident lawyers can quickly identify any discrepancies and falsifications within the records of a trucking company. Our legal team can look into each party involved and prove who was responsible for the crash.
Compensation After a Semi-Truck Accident
A majority of semi-truck accident victims only receive compensation for property damages after the intervention of their insurance company. However, in most cases, this is way less than your deserved compensation.
Our lawyers will fight for other damages, including lost income or wages, medical expenses, pain, and suffering. We will handle the entire lawsuit process while you concentrate on recovering from severe physical injuries, emotional distress, and more.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Is the Legal Procedure for a Semi-Truck Crash Case in Henderson?
Semi-truck accidents in Henderson usually follow a four-step procedure, including:
- Investigation: After the accident, a Henderson personal accident lawyer will conduct all the necessary investigations and ensure that your insurer evaluates your damages fairly. An attorney will also ensure that the insurance company doesn’t reduce your settlement amount.
- Filing a claim: After the investigation and gathering of evidence, your lawyer will file a claim. In the claim, they will include your full compensation for your damages and injuries.
- Negotiations: In cases where a lawyer successfully negotiates with the insurer, your case won’t proceed to court. However, a judge or jury may have to determine the money you should receive as compensation if negotiations don’t work.
- Litigation: If your case proceeds to court, litigation will be the next stage. Your personal injury lawyer and the insurance company will present their statements for the jury or judge to decide who is at fault and the compensation owed.
Seek Legal Assistance from an Experienced Semi-Truck Accident Attorney Today
As you can see, semi-truck accidents are complex to deal with, so you’ll need the assistance of a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer in Henderson. With our attorneys by your side, they will decipher every inch of your case.
Contact us today for the best legal assistance. Our goal is to ensure that you get the best compensation.