Due to their sheer size, the chances of you getting seriously injured in a Henderson trucking accident are incredibly high. In fact, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), an 18-wheeler truck can weigh about 20 to 30 times as much as a motor vehicle. As a result, these trucking accidents often lead to catastrophic injuries, astronomical medical expenses, and a lifetime of pain and issues.
However, with legal help from a Henderson truck accident lawyer, you do not have to go through the aftermath of this horrific accident on your own. At Pacific West Injury Law, we understand the trauma and the vast array of problems that can result from a trucking accident. That is why we are here for you. Ready to stand by your side as we fight for you and your rights.
Types of Truck Accidents
A truck accident can occur for a variety of reasons. However, some of the most common truck crashes include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on accidents
- Underride accidents
- Side-impact collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Jackknife crashes
- Runaway trailer accidents
- Cargo related truck accidents
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Unfortunately, truck crashes happen for a multitude of reasons. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), many elements can influence the occurrence of a truck crash, including:
- Truck driver experience and training
- Highway conditions
- Weather conditions
- Traffic signaling
- Fatigue driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
What to Do After a Truck Accident
One of the most important things to realize is that the actions you take after a truck accident are not only vital for your health and safety but for your legal rights as well. That is why if you are involved in a trucking accident, you must consider the following steps:
- Call 9-1-1: This is the fastest way to get your accident on record and get emergency medical services to the scene. Plus, once the police arrive, they can begin investigating the accident and taking down vital information about the crash in their police report. If you decide to pursue an injury claim, this report will be extremely crucial.
- Collect Evidence: If it is safe, make sure you take as many pictures and videos of the accident scene as you can. Include photos of the truck, the vehicles involved in the crash, your visible injuries, skid marks on the road, the weather conditions, and anything else that can help show what happened.
- Get Driver Information: Make sure you get the truck driver’s name, contact information, details about the company they are working for, driver’s license number, and insurance information.
- Witness Details: If anyone at the scene saw what happened, get their name and contact information. Their statements can provide you with critical details about the accident and help substantiate your claims.
Contacting a Truck Accident Attorney
Following a trucking accident, you must contact a skilled truck accident attorney as quickly as possible. These truck accident claims can get rather complicated, and you need someone on your side who has experience with these types of crashes and knows what to do to prove what happened and who was at fault for your injuries.
Representing Your Case
Trucking accident claims involve several moving parts. Fortunately, when you work with Pacific West Injury Law, we can take on these complexities and provide you the legal help you need:
- Investigate your accident thoroughly
- Figure out what happened and who was at fault
- Determine the most appropriate legal strategy
- Go after all the liable parties
- Handle the complex negotiations
- Take your case to trial and fight for maximum damages
Evaluating Your Claim
No attorney can tell you exactly how much your claim is worth. This is because numerous factors can influence the value of your case, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- The extent of your medical care
- The pain and suffering involved
- The amount of lost wages
However, when you work with Pacific West Injury Law, we can figure out which of these factors impact your claim, prepare a case in response to these factors, and go after the full compensation you are entitled to.
Compensations and Damages
If you have been injured in a trucking accident, you may have a legal right to certain financial compensation. In Nevada, this compensation typically includes:
- Medical bills, including future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Personal property loss
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of a limb
Pain and Suffering
You may also be able to collect pain and suffering damages following a Henderson trucking accident. These damages typically involve the emotional and physical stress you experienced because of your injury and include:
- Activity limitations (whether permanent or temporary)
- The potential shortening of life
However, because pain and suffering damages are not easily quantifiable, it is vital to work with a skilled truck accident lawyer when assessing these damages. At Pacific West Injury Law, we can go over the extent of your pain and suffering and ensure we fight for the compensation you need.
Negotiating Your Settlement
Usually, a truck accident settlement is a vital part of getting the money you need to cover all the financial losses you endured following a trucking accident. Unfortunately, these negotiations are rarely easy.
Many times these truck companies or their insurance company will try any tactic they can to get you to admit fault for the accident, so they can lower the amount of your settlement or deny your claim altogether.
For these reasons, you should leave these conversations and negotiations to Pacific West Injury Law. Once we take over communications with the other side, we can ensure that you do not say anything that can affect your claim while we fight for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Choosing a Truck Accident Lawyer in Henderson
If you or a loved one has been harmed in a Henderson trucking accident, you need to contact Pacific West Injury Law today or call our office at (702) 602-4878 for a free consultation. You have been through enough. It is time for you to focus on your healing while we fight for the justice you deserve.