If you’ve been injured when riding your scooter or a careless rider hits you, the first thing to do is contact Pacific West Injury Law, your trusted scooter accident lawyer in North Las Vegas. You’ll get a free consultation and comprehensive discussion on the details of the incident and the resultant injuries. The experienced personal injury legal representatives will guide you through the correct approach to recover the deserved compensation.
The conversant team has advocated for accident victims for years, helping automobile victims recover the right compensation. The practice’s commitment to professional excellence, adequate case preparation, and justice-seeking have helped many recover damages in millions of dollars from favorable verdicts and settlements. Therefore, you’ll always count on attorneys who know how to protect your rights and pursue the best result for your circumstance.
Our Skilled Attorneys Can Help You Both in and Out of Court
After a scooter accident, the next step would be to claim compensation. But if it’s your first time in this position, you may not understand your rights or the correct steps of filing an insurance claim. That’s where a reliable scooter accident lawyer in North Las Vegas comes in.
An experienced attorney will help you through the correct steps, relieving you of the insurance claims process burden. Here are more reasons to partner with a reputable attorney:
- Comprehensive investigation – Whether it’s a complex or straightforward accident, investigations are necessary to prove the cause of the incident and determine liability. An attorney will help collect sufficient information for a strong case.
- They understand the law – Personal injury law might seem like a simple concept until the at-fault party or insurer fights back. Your attorney will explain to you your rights and will work with you to aggressively pursue compensation.
- Familiarity with the claims process – An insurer might try to complicate things by taking advantage of your lack of knowledge of the insurance policy and law. Legal representation will ensure no claims delays or low-ball offers.
- Representation in court – If you must file a personal injury suit to recover the deserved compensation, you’ll need a reliable attorney to handle administrative tasks and paperwork and attend the necessary court appearance on your behalf.
- Settlement negotiation – It’s hard to receive a reasonable and fair offer even if your claim is approved. An attorney will determine the precise value of the claim and will negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
Determining Liability After a Scooter Accident in Las Vegas
Nevada doesn’t have explicit laws regarding the use of electric or gasoline-powered scooters. As a result, the general accident liability rules applicable in all road accident cases in the state also apply. The person who’s legally liable for the accident will depend on the one whose actions directly contribute to the incident.
If someone didn’t provide the required care in scenarios that cause a scooter accident, they’d be legally liable for any damages or harm that results. So, in essence, legal liability during a Nevada scooter accident depends on the person at fault.
Different scenarios or rules determine liability in case of a scooter accident in Nevada. For example, the fault may lie with:
A person riding a scooter may be at fault if they cause an accident that leads to someone else’s injury. For instance, someone riding too fast or using their electric scooter in busy crowds and causes an accident is considered negligent under Nevada State laws.
The Manufacturing Company
Sometimes, the specific scooter company may be responsible for a crash. For instance, a design mistake or manufacturing error could cause an accident, and the rider may be relieved from responsibility in this case. Therefore, manufacturers of electric and gasoline-powered scooters are obliged to supply safe products only.
When a driver hits a scooter with their vehicle, their auto insurance will likely cover the compensation for the scooter rider’s damages and injuries. Notably, a negligent driver is liable to victims, whether the incident involves a pedestrian, another car, or a scooter rider.
Like other road users, pedestrians are obliged to practice the utmost care for the good of the people around them. Therefore, one will be legally accountable for a scooter accident in North Las Vegas if their behavior is unreasonable and leads to the incident.
Business entities must ensure their property is always safe. For instance, if an entity fails to maintain a clean sidewalk by clearing trees or debris, it will be the business owner’s responsibility if their negligence caused a scooter accident.
What Types of Compensation Are Available?
Even if you have your helmet on, you may still suffer other injuries that make daily activities and work arduous. The harm may range from minor injuries to life-threatening bodily harm. For instance, you may suffer broken bones, torn ligaments, muscle strains, bruises, cuts, spine injuries, or concussions.
Medical care for the resultant bodily harm may be pretty expensive, and fixing the damage out of pocket may not be possible. During this recovery period, the last thing you want to deal with is seeking compensation from insurance companies.
Fortunately, your trusted scooter accident lawyer in Las Vegas will create a solid case and recover the following:
- Medical bills – You won’t pay a dime for any medical bills to address the injuries from the scooter accident.
- Rehabilitation – You’ll be compensated for any treatment programs to aid your recovery from the accident, including physiotherapy and any other rehabilitation.
- Lost wages – You deserve compensation for the lost wages during your recovery, relieving you from the financial losses.
- Pain and suffering – The incident brought lots of pain and suffering, and the proper compensation will be vital for your healing.
- Emotional trauma – Pacific West Injury Law will also help you get the deserved settlement for the emotional trauma resulting from the accident.
- Quality of life reduction – If the incident caused permanent or long-term harm to your body, you deserve compensation for the reduced quality of life.
Let a Reliable Scooter Accident Lawyer in North Las Vegas Handle Your Case
It’s important to hold negligent drivers and other liable persons accountable in a scooter accident. However, it’s not easy to consider every element of the incident and create a solid case to attract the deserved compensation, and you may end up overwhelmed. As you recover from the incident, you’ll likely experience a long journey.
But this should be the least of your worries if you partner with Pacific West Injury Law. The reputable Las Vegas scooter accident lawyers have years of experience with personal injury cases from motorcycles, moped, and scooter accidents. So, schedule a free case evaluation today to ensure all your rights are addressed, and your claim is handled comprehensively as you focus on healing and recovery.