Motorcycle riders are usually at more risk of getting involved in accidents on Henderson roads than other motor vehicle drivers, given their minimal or lack of protection. Because of this, these riders face grievous harm and substantial medical expenses resulting from an accident. Worse still, if an uninsured motorist caused the accident, these motorcyclists may be liable for these astronomical expenses.
Nonetheless, if you have suffered an injury in this type of motorcycle accident, you don’t have to go through this gruesome ordeal alone. The Henderson personal injury lawyers at Pacific West Injury Law can help you navigate this tumultuous time and fight for compensation for the injuries you incurred.
Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Henderson
Nevada law mandates that motorcyclists should carry the same insurance coverage as motor vehicle drivers. Suppose a motorcyclist rides an uninsured motorcycle, they can be subjected to various penalties, including extensive fines and license suspension.
The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) fines for riding a motorcycle without insurance coverage are outlined below:
- $20,000 fine for injury or destruction of other people’s property in any crash
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person in any crash
- $50,000 for bodily injury or death of two or more people in any crash
Moreover, the state also allows motorcyclists to obtain optional coverage to further enhance their protection in the unfortunate event they get involved in an accident. The optional coverage may include collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, and underinsured/uninsured coverage.
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Henderson, call 702-602-HURT
How Does Underinsured/ Uninsured Motorist Coverage Work?
Underinsured/uninsured coverage is an optional feature that is usually added to a motorcycle insurance policy. In Henderson, this insurance coverage often covers the losses that emanate from an accident in which another motorist was the at-fault party, yet they do not have any motorcycle insurance, or the one that they have does not suffice to settle your losses.
The uninsured coverage typically comes in two basic varieties, namely:
- Uninsured motorist property damage coverage: This covers any damage to the motorcycle.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage: This covers the injuries of the people riding the motorcycle such as lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
Though optional, this insurance coverage is essential, especially since 10% of Nevada drivers don’t have any insurance coverage. Moreover, some of those who do only maintain minimum coverage amounts, which may not be enough to cover your losses.
Henderson Uninsured Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 702-602-HURT
Laws Governing Motorcycle Accidents
Below are some of the laws that govern motorcycle accidents in Henderson.
Most motorcycle accidents in Henderson occur due to negligence. Negligence is defined as failure to exercise a reasonable degree of care. In order to receive compensation, your motorcycle accident attorney needs to prove that:
- The defendant acted in a manner that violated the traffic laws.
- The defendant neglected their duty of care (drinking, speeding, or using their phones while driving).
- The claimed losses were the direct consequence of the accident.
Of course, all these require solid evidence. Neither the court nor insurers will accept suspicions and theories. A Henderson motorcycle accident attorney at Pacific West Injury Law firm can help you investigate, find evidence, and even bring witnesses to solidify your case.
The Nevada motorcycle accident laws embrace the idea of shared liability – in essence, all parties involved in a motorcycle accident can be at fault. The percentage of fault that an individual party shoulders dictates the share of the loss they will cover.
Most often than not, in such scenarios, every party will try to make themselves look less at fault for the accident. In case they succeed, they may avoid paying, pay less, or get higher compensation. How successful one is, depends on how they reacted at the scene of the accident. And for this reason, you need to seek advice from Pacific West Injury Law attorneys on how to act accordingly.
What Compensation Can You get After a Motorcycle Accident in Henderson?
Suppose you or your loved one has suffered an injury in an uninsured motorcycle accident that was as a result of another person’s recklessness, intentional intentions, or negligence; you need an experienced personal injury lawyer in your corner fighting for your legal rights and going after the compensation you deserve for your injuries, including:
- Medical bills that came about as a result of the motorcycle accident
- Lost wages coverage
- Damaged property coverage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of consortium damage
- Loss of companionship
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Skilled Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You Following a Motorcycle Accident
Let’s face it, no amount of money can fully erase the trauma, pain, and damage experienced following a motorcycle accident. Even so, you still have the right to get adequate compensation to help you rebuild your life after this traumatizing event, and an experienced personal injury attorney can help you achieve that feat.
For that reason, suppose you have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to another person’s wrongful act or negligent behavior; you need to reach out to a skilled personal injury law attorney as soon as possible. The attorney can help you in the following ways:
- They will review your claim to ascertain whether your case is viable and then determine the best legal options you can take.
- Investigate your motorcycle accident and gather the necessary evidence to determine what caused the accident and who was at fault.
- Answer all questions you may have pertaining to insurance claims and the accident.
- Handle all the negotiations with the insurance company and ensure that you receive fair compensation.
- Ensure that legal motions and insurance documents are prepared correctly and filed before the expiration of the statute of limitations.
- Work with experts such as accident reconstructionists to prove liability and solidify your claim.
- Take your case to trial if the other side is unwilling to settle, and fight to the tooth to ensure that you get fair compensation.
Discuss Your Motorcycle Accident Case with a Pacific West Injury Law Attorney Today
The aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be gruesome and confusing. If an uninsured motorcycle crash disrupted your life, you need to act fast and seek legal assistance. Reach out to Pacific West Injury Law firm today for a free case review, and let our experienced team of attorneys fight for the justice you deserve.