Taxicabs are an important asset to the city of Henderson, transporting tourists and residents to where they need to go in minutes and easing the stress of needing a vehicle to get around. However, just because this service brings a lot of value, it is not without risks.
In fact, those involved in a car accident with a taxi or as a passenger will often suffer extensive injuries, excruciating pain, and a slew of medical expenses that will forever impact their lives. For these reasons, if you have been injured in a taxi accident, you need legal help, and you need it now.
Fortunately, at Pacific West Injury Law, our taxicab accident lawyers in Henderson are here to provide you with this legal help, plus so much more.
Who Is Responsible For A Taxicab Accident In Henderson?
When it comes to a taxicab accident, determining fault is not as easy as many people expect it to be. In truth, many individuals can be to blame for this accident, including:
- The driver of the taxi: If the taxicab driver is at fault for hitting another motorist or pedestrian, they can be held accountable for the losses and injuries that result.
- The taxi company: In some instances, if the taxi driver caused the accident, the taxicab company can also be held liable for the passenger’s injuries and have to pay damages.
- Other at-fault motorists: If another motorist’s wrongful actions caused the taxicab accident, they can be held solely or partially responsible for the injuries the victim suffered.
- Manufacturers and designers: If a taxi accident results from a defective part, the manufacturer or designer of that part can be held at fault for the collision.
- Pedestrians: If a pedestrian’s negligent actions cause a taxicab to swerve and hit another person, car, or object, the pedestrian can be held responsible for contributing to the accident.
Because of this diverse group of parties that can be held accountable for the damages you sustained in a taxicab accident, it may be in your best interest to retain an experienced taxicab accident attorney as quickly as possible following your collision.
These lawyers can promptly investigate your crash, figure out who was liable for your injuries and make sure to hold all those responsible accountable for the losses you endured.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover From A Henderson Taxicab Accident?
If you have been involved in a Henderson taxicab accident because of another person’s wrongful, reckless, or negligent actions, you may be entitled to certain types of compensation. In Nevada, this compensation often involves economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Past, present, and future medical bills related to a hospital stay, doctor visits, prescription medications, surgeries, and other medical treatments you need for your injuries
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Personal property damages
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of a limb
- Decreased quality of life
Factors That Can Affect The Value Of Your Claim
Although you may be entitled to damages, determining how much your taxi accident case may be worth is not always easy. This is because there are often several factors that can impact the value of your claim, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- The extent of your medical treatments
- Whether you need ongoing medical care
- Whether the injuries are permanent
- Whether you can work following the accident
- Whether you can still take part in the activities you enjoyed before the accident
- The defendant’s culpability and the credibility of the evidence presented
As you can see, if you want to pursue maximum damages for the injuries and losses you sustained, you need to retain an experienced Henderson taxicab accident attorney. These lawyers can help you prepare the strongest case possible to get you the successful legal outcome you want.
How Can You Recover Damages Following A Henderson Taxi Accident?
In Nevada, individuals looking to collect these damages after a taxicab accident must prove that another person or entity was liable for their accident and harm. To prove this liability, these individuals will often need to prove:
- Duty: The liable party owed them a duty of care, such as driving safely, abiding by traffic laws, and making sure to watch out for others on the road.
- Breach: The liable party breached this duty of care.
- Causation: This breach was the direct or proximate cause of their injuries.
- Damages: They suffered significant economic expenses because of their injuries.
After a taxicab accident, proving this fault is often a tedious process that usually involves securing reliable and detailed evidence and presenting solid arguments proving your claim. Thankfully, with an experienced taxicab accident attorney, you will not have to take on this complex legal battle alone.
The Cost Of Hiring A Taxicab Accident Attorney In Henderson
After suffering injuries in a taxicab accident, one of the best things you can do to protect your future is to hire an experienced taxi accident lawyer. Unfortunately, many accident victims fail to take this action because they are worried about how much money an attorney will charge.
While it is true that many types of lawyers charge their clients high hourly rates, regardless of the outcome of their case, this is typically not how Henderson taxicab accident attorneys and other personal injury lawyers do business.
Instead, these lawyers charge their clients a single fee for their services which is entirely based on the outcome of the case. This fee will be assessed as a fixed percentage of the money you recover from the liable party. If your lawyer fails to secure compensation on your behalf, they won’t get paid for their services.
How Can A Henderson Taxi Accident Lawyer Help Your Legal Claim?
If you have been injured in a taxicab accident, you need experienced legal help on your side, fighting for the damages and justice to which you are entitled. Once retained, these lawyers can:
- Evaluate your legal claim, figure out if you have a viable case, and determine which legal options you can pursue.
- Investigate your taxicab crash and secure the evidence needed to prove fault and damages.
- Fight for the maximum compensation you deserve through settlement negotiations or a trial.
Make Sure To File Your Taxicab Accident Lawsuit Before Time Runs Out
The Nevada statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is outlined in NRS § 11.190. It gives accident victims two years from the date of their accident to file a lawsuit against the liable party. Failure to file within this timeframe could result in the loss of your right to recover compensation for your damages.
However, you must realize that this statute of limitations is not set in stone. Many exceptions apply that could alter the amount of time you have to file. For example, if you suffer injuries that are not discovered until some time after the accident, your two-year clock may begin at the time the injuries were revealed rather than on the date of your accident.
Alternatively, the amount of time you have to file could be significantly reduced in some cases. In instances where the at-fault party was a government agency, you will likely have a fraction of the time to file a lawsuit. When you hire an experienced taxicab accident lawyer early, they will be able to identify any adjustments to the statute of limitations and ensure all deadlines are met.
Contact Our Attorneys To Get The Help You Need After A Henderson Taxicab Accident
Do not wait any longer if a taxi accident injury disrupted your life or the life of a family member. Instead, contact Pacific West Injury Law today for a free case evaluation and let an experienced Henderson taxicab accident lawyer show you how we can fight for you and your rights.