According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), almost every day, 30 people in the United States die from a drunk driving crash. That is nearly one person every 50 minutes. Consequently, drunk-driving crashes claim more than 10,000 lives per year or leave victims with life-changing injuries, devastating debilitations, and skyrocketing medical expenses that affect not only them but their families as well.
That is why if you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident, you need an experienced Henderson drunk driving (DUI) lawyer on your side—fighting for you and your rights and the justice you deserve.
Recovering Damages After an Accident
Even a small amount of alcohol consumption can affect a motorist’s coordination, reaction time, and judgment. As a result, these drivers make poor decisions and cause preventable crashes that lead to fatal injuries and significant property damage.
Types of Drunk Driving Accident Injuries
Victims who survive a drunk driving accident often suffer catastrophic injuries that can include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
- Back injuries
- Deep lacerations
- Broken Bones and Fractures
- Head and Neck Injuries
Many times when these drunk driving collisions occur, they also result in property damage, which involves:
- Damaged vehicles
- Personal property damages such as GPS systems, phones, and other belongings
- Public or private property damages
What Are the Statute of Limitations for a DUI Accident Claim?
In Nevada, the statute of limitations for a DUI accident claim is two years from the injury date or when the victim became aware of their injuries. However, this time can be extended or shortened depending on the facts of the case.
That is why you must speak with Pacific West Injury Law as soon as possible. Our experienced Henderson DUI accident attorneys can figure out not only how much time you have to file your claim but ensure that your legal motions are filed correctly and on time.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Henderson, call 702-602-HURT
If you have been injured in a Henderson DUI accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the harm you endured. However, quite often, victims of this devastating crash have no idea what they need to do to go after this financial recovery.
Your Lawyer Helps You File a Claim
Many people often assume that following a DUI crash, the insurance company will want to help them, especially if the accident was not their fault. Unfortunately, this is not how insurance companies work.
Insurance companies want to make money, and the only way they can make a profit is by denying a claim or offering less than is deserved. Even in a DUI accident, these insurance adjusters will try any tactic they can to take advantage of the situation.
That is why it is in your best interest to let Pacific West Injury Law help you with these claims. Our skilled Henderson DUI lawyers can ensure you do not say anything that can hurt your case while fighting for a fair settlement amount.
Your Lawsuit Settlement
If it is not uncommon for insurance companies to offer you a settlement amount following a DUI accident. However, what you need to remember about this amount is that it will need to cover your current expenses, medical costs, and future needs as well.
That is why it is recommended you wait to accept any offer until your treatments are complete and you have a better understanding of the care you will need in the future. When you work with Pacific West Injury Law, we can go over any settlement offers you receive and ensure that they are fair to you. If they are not, we can fight for a settlement that is.
Henderson Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 702-602-HURT
Henderson DUI Accident Lawyers Help Victims
Unfortunately, DUI accident victims experience considerable damages following a DUI crash.
These damages not only include verifiable losses such as medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and personal property damages. But they also consist of more subjective losses that are much harder to quantify, such as pain and suffering.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering is a legal term that is used to describe the emotional and physical stress that is caused by an injury. Usually, the damages that fall under this category include the following:
- Pain and discomfort that the victim endured since the accident
- Temporary and permanent limitations
- A potential shortening of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The Recovery Process
If you have been involved in a Henderson DUI accident, there are critical steps you need to take that can help the recovery process. These actions include the following:
- Contact 9-1-1: This is the fastest way to get your accident on record and get EMS to the scene. In addition, once the police arrive, they can begin investigating the accident and writing down their findings in a police report. If you decide to pursue an injury claim, this report can help show who was at fault for the crash.
- Collect Evidence: If you can, make sure you take photos and videos of the accident scene. Include pictures of your visible injuries, the cars involved in the crash, and any other evidence that can help show what happened. If there were witnesses present, get their name and contact information.
- Write in a Journal: Make sure you detail everything about the accident in a journal. Over time memories of the accident can fade. However, your journal can ensure that critical details are not lost. Plus, it can provide your attorney with crucial evidence regarding the extent of your damages.
Why Pacific West Injury?
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Henderson drunk driving accident. Do not wait any longer. Contact Pacific West Injury Law today or call our office at (702) 602-4878, and let us get you the legal help you need and fight for the compensation you deserve.