Boulder City’s bustling roads and public walking areas help people get around and commute to their jobs, but they also play host to a number of auto accidents and collisions every year. If you’ve been hit by a car while walking or crossing the street in Boulder City, you could face several monetary losses and a long road to physical recovery.
Fortunately, our pedestrian accident attorneys in Boulder City can help you hold the at-fault driver responsible for their actions and secure the settlement you need to pay your bills. The lawyers at Pacific West Injury have decades of experience helping the wrongfully injured pursue justice, so you can feel confident that they’ll represent your best interests.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Boulder City, NV
Pedestrian accidents can result from many different unsafe driving behaviors as well as other factors. Our team has the experience necessary to help you recoup from virtually any type of pedestrian accident, including:
- Intoxicated driver: If it’s found that the driver responsible for the accident was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, your lawyer will pursue an insurance claim alongside the criminal DUI trial. Your Boulder city pedestrian accident attorney will make sure your claim is filed correctly, so you can obtain the damages you need to get better.
- Distracted driver: Driving while using a cell phone or eating can be distracting and likely to result in a collision. If you’ve been hit by a driver who was texting or talking on the phone, your lawyer can subpoena their cell phone records to prove they were distracted at the time of the incident.
- Accident due to poor weather: Drivers are expected to slow down and drive carefully when inclement weather strikes. If you’ve been struck by a driver who failed to take the proper safety precautions during a storm, your attorney will hold them responsible for their negligence.
- Safety violation: Failing to abide by Nevada’s traffic safety laws is a recipe for disaster. If the driver who hit you was violating the rules of the road, your lawyer will find the proof they need to hold them liable for your losses.
- Defective car part: Sometimes auto accidents aren’t a product of a driver’s negligence or careless behavior. In fact, some pedestrian accidents can be explained by faulty or poorly manufactured car parts. If the collision you were injured in was caused by a defective part, we’ll file a claim against the manufacturer.
Compensation Your Boulder City Pedestrian Accident Attorney Will Fight for
Your attorney will work tirelessly to secure a pedestrian accident settlement for your losses. Depending on how the accident has impacted your life, your settlement may cover a number of different financial losses and emotional hardships.
A pedestrian accident lawyer from our office in Boulder City will fight for your right to receive the following damages:
Economic damages are payments that can make up for concrete and easily calculable losses. They can cover the cost of any medical treatment, prescription medication, assistive devices, rehabilitative therapy, or aftercare you need to remedy your injury.
These damages can also be used to replace income you’ve lost during your recovery period. Your attorney can use copies of your past pay stubs to determine how much you would have made if it wasn’t for your injuries. If your condition is expected to prevent you from working for a long time, your lawyer can obtain compensation for your decreased earning ability.
Non-economic damages usually compensate for subjective losses that are harder to assign a monetary value to. Such losses may include mental distress, pain and suffering, and diminished quality of life.
If your injuries are incredibly painful or have started to affect your mental health, a pedestrian accident attorney from our firm can get you the non-economic damages you need to cope with your physical or psychological suffering.
If the driver who hit you was intoxicated or demonstrated an extreme lack of care for the safety of others, it may be appropriate to add punitive damages to your claim. Punitive damages act to punish the guilty party and warn others against committing similar acts of gross negligence.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries That Our Boulder City Lawyers Can Help You With
Getting hit with the full force of a moving vehicle without a buffer can cause a number of serious injuries. Luckily, the pedestrian accident attorneys from our team in Boulder City can get you the damages you need to treat and cope with any type of condition.
Here are some of the pedestrian accident injuries we’ve helped clients recover from in the past:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Cuts, lacerations, and bruises
No matter how serious your injury is, you can count on our team to get you the resources you need to afford effective medical treatment. Our lawyers will work quickly and diligently to get you your compensation fast, so you don’t have to worry about medical debt.
How to Avoid a Pedestrian Accident in Boulder City, NV
There are a few simple guidelines that pedestrians in Boulder City can follow to stay safe from negligent and reckless motorists. First of all, pedestrians should obey crosswalk signs and look both ways when crossing the street.
Wearing bright or reflective clothing can also help you avoid getting hit, as drivers will be more likely to see you in their peripheral vision. Lastly, staying on the sidewalk and avoiding the shoulder of the road as much as possible is an easy way to drastically reduce the likelihood of a pedestrian accident.
Boulder City Has a Filing Deadline for Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits
If you’re pursuing a personal injury lawsuit for injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident, it’s important to familiarize yourself with Boulder City’s statute of limitations. According to Nevada Revised Statutes § 11.190, you have two years from the date of your incident to file a formal lawsuit.
Waiting too long to contact an attorney and get started on your case could cause you to miss the state’s filing deadline, which would bar you from receiving financial remedies. Your Boulder City attorney will do their best to get your pedestrian accident lawsuit filed promptly, as long as you give them a reasonable amount of time to do so.
Hiring an attorney soon will ensure that they have ample time to construct and file your suit. If you’ve put off hiring a lawyer for a long time and your filing deadline has passed, we encourage you to contact legal counsel anyway. They might be aware of an exception to Nevada’s rules that applies to your case.
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Attorney From Boulder City Today
Getting started on your claim soon will ensure that important deadlines are met and show insurers that your injuries are a legitimate issue. To take the first step of the claim-filing process, contact an attorney from Pacific West Injury today.
We’ll set up a free case evaluation to learn more about your incident and determine if we can help you pursue justice. If we’re able to take on your case, a pedestrian accident lawyer from our office in Boulder City will get started on your claim right away.